Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2021, 12:24 PM   #1

Furrion Vision S 4.3" camera with 2021 Chevy High Country 2500HD

I've had my Furrion Vision S (FOS43TASF) on my 2019 Flagstaff Superlite (26RLWS) Trailer for 2 years--works great. Upgraded my truck to a 2021 Chevy 2500HD High County with all the bells and whistles (6.6L Duramax). However, I can't get my Furrion Rear Camera to work anymore. I set my lights on Auto (in the cab), the running lights are on and the Furrion rear camera blue light comes on. But in the cab, the monitor states no signal detected. I went to the web site and read you might have to re-pair the two devices. I unplugged the monitor at the cab and took the monitor to the rear of the trailer, where I disconnected the camera and connect both units to the same battery source (my Jackery 240) which provides 12VDC and they sync'ed right up. I even re-paired them to ensure it works. They work great. I moved the power cables around to see if the cable had issues--none detected. But when I remounted the camera and monitor (in the truck)--no Signal detected.
S.Edington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:39 AM   #2

I've got a Chevy 1500 so not sure if it's the same thing but I can't run my lights on the auto function and get my Furrion rear camera to work I need to turn my lights to the on position and that allows the power to camera at the trailer. You might try turning your lights from auto to on. Hope that helps
Bubba13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:32 AM   #3

Yes, I've tried switching from Auto to On and same issue. I get the blue light indicator at the rear camera, but no signal at the monitor in the cab. I'm thinking the fancy Chevy WiFi might be causing interference in the new 2021 High County Model. My next move is to turn off the Chevy WiFi and see if that will fix my problem, but then all my fancy navigation, Apple CarPlay might not work correctly.
My older 2002 Chevy 1500 had no issues with Auto and On with the camera/monitor.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #4

I donít know if itís relevant but my 2016 1500 has WiFi and we have no interference issues.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:38 AM   #5

If you can power the monitor close to the camera see if it’s a range or interference thing.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #6

Iíve read something about the lights running on low voltage and having issues with the Furrion camera. I believe if you call Furrion they have an adapter to plug inline between the trailer and truck.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #7

Hi. How is your cameras antenna positioned? Can you share a photo?
Note the antenna should be bent vertically, so the monitor in you cabin, is able to catch the signal. Im not good at explaining, but if you can share a photo we could see if its positioned properly.
Have a good one
Rvlif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1522.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	248960
Old 03-05-2021, 06:32 PM   #9

What I had seen with a similar sounding issue
Old 03-05-2021, 06:48 PM   #10

I think it actually works. Hes just having signal problems once hes in the cabin. That an interference issue with the signal
Rvlif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #11

Fellow FROGs, thanks for suggestions on my Furrion Camera issue with my new 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. My antenna orientation is vertical on both the monitor and camera. I followed War Eagle's recommendation and went to eTrailer.com to review what they stated about power monitoring on newer Chevy/GMC trucks. Seems I'm getting the 12VDC to my camera (rear of the trailer), but not the required 300 milliamps. So, I'm ordering the FR74FR Power Adapter that has a built in relay that draws additional amperage to power the camera. I'll report back if this solves my rear camera issue. THANKS FROGS--you are great.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #12

Odd. My 2020 Chevy 2500 LT had no issues with my Furrion camera. Its the cheaper one with the small screen, but it worked just fine.
and a couple of those Harley things
Cruzrtwdgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:16 AM   #13

Okay an update on the Furrion Adapter for my 2021 Chevy 2500HD. It didn't work either. I called and talked to Furrion Tech Support and Chevy has been making updates to their power monitoring systems for their advance trailer packaging systems (7-pin plug) and Furrion's Adapter will work for the 2019 & 2020 Chevy's but not the 2021, seems Chevy has been making more refinements. So, now I'm on the waiting list for Furrion's 2021 Chevy Adapter. In the mean time, I'm making my own 12VDC/300mA power source to externally power the camera, so I can use. The parts are about $10. More to follow if I get the new 2021 Adapter. Once again, thanks for all your help.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #14

Interested

Very interested in your findings as I also just purchased a 2021 Silverado 3500HD LTZ. I am looking at putting a rear camera on the 528RWS we just purchased. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzrtwdgt View Post
Odd. My 2020 Chevy 2500 LT had no issues with my Furrion camera. Its the cheaper one with the small screen, but it worked just fine.
Do you have the Advanced Trailer Package that has the Invisible Trailer packageómy 2021 High Country does.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:41 PM   #16

Yes and I am almost tempted to go to Chevy and get their system if it will work in my 5th wheel. I do love all the cameras that the truck has. Makes towing so much easier. Would just like that rear view camera for backing. Take some pressure off the wife. Hahah.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Edington View Post
Do you have the Advanced Trailer Package that has the Invisible Trailer packageómy 2021 High Country does.
I have the Advanced Trailer Package but not with the Invisible Trailer package. I just went through all of this last month when I took my new pre-wired camper out for its first trip. I'm also on the waiting list for the Furrion adapter. It was posted on a Facebook Silverado group that there is a harness available (GM Camera Harness - PWMBUT by ASA Electronics) that will fix the issue, but I think I'll wait to see what Furrion comes up with. I did a temporary hard-wire through my rear window for my recent trip so I'm in no hurry to get the adapter.

My commentary on the matter is that this is a big fail on the part of GM. They should have known that many campers are being prewired for rearview cameras and they should have also known that given the camera's location anyone adding a rearview camera to their camper would be powering it by the running lights. Even if I wanted to give them the benefit of doubt, there's absolutely no excuse for them to allow this situation to carry over for three model years.
aufinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:14 AM   #18

Furrion Update

I sent back my Furrion adapter back to Furrion. Apparently it only works for the 2019-2020 Chevy Packages. Furrion Tech Support was superb and stated another 2021 Chevy Adapter is in the works and I'm now on their waiting list.
I did rewire my Furrion Vision to a remote DC power in the interim.
However, I connected Chevy's Invisible Trailer Package to my Flagstaff (remote camera to the rear of the trailer) and it connects via a video coax back to the truck bumper (next to the 7-pin plug) and it works AWESOME.

However, I want to have my Furrion Back Up Camera working. Always great to have a back up when needed.

Yes, Chevy should have engineered their 7-pin trailer plug to support other vendor's add-on and stop using just Chevy parts. But that is the price for new technology. This is my 4th Chevy Truck and stand behind their quality. But wish they were a bit more flexible.

I'll be interested with Furrion's 2021 adapter when it comes out.

Tags
500, camera, furrion