Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 46
Gas lifts for lower bunk bed - Grey Wolf 26BH

Wanted to put lifts on the panel that accesses the storage compartment under the back bunk. I put a continuous hinge on it, that works great but obviously doesn't stay up on it's own.

The folks at bedliftkits.com said they didn't have a kit that fit the application. So came here for ideas on a size that would work.

Thanks
kdp3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
King of the Road
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp3078 View Post
Wanted to put lifts on the panel that accesses the storage compartment under the back bunk. I put a continuous hinge on it, that works great but obviously doesn't stay up on it's own.

The folks at bedliftkits.com said they didn't have a kit that fit the application. So came here for ideas on a size that would work.

Thanks
Take a look at these on Amazon..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



These came on my Crusader queen bed but were too week after I upgraded the mattress, so upgraded these as well. Direct fit for me, off with the old on with the new, and at 120lbs support EACH they hold open the storage (bed aloft) without problem.

these come in different lengths and capacity.
__________________
2016 Crusader Lite
Single slide
2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1955 View Post
Take a look at these on Amazon..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



These came on my Crusader queen bed but were too week after I upgraded the mattress, so upgraded these as well. Direct fit for me, off with the old on with the new, and at 120lbs support EACH they hold open the storage (bed aloft) without problem.

these come in different lengths and capacity.
You don't happen to have a picture of those installed do you?

Thanks
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #4
King of the Road
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 556
I'll get some but won't be able to until Saturday.
__________________
2016 Crusader Lite
Single slide
2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1955 View Post
I'll get some but won't be able to until Saturday.
Thanks I appreciate it.
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
King of the Road
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 556
My bad, was out to storage today but forgot! Having problem with slide out, took priority and made me forget. I may need to go again tomorrow anyway and will be sure to take pic.
__________________
2016 Crusader Lite
Single slide
2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1955 View Post
My bad, was out to storage today but forgot! Having problem with slide out, took priority and made me forget. I may need to go again tomorrow anyway and will be sure to take pic.
That's ok. Yes issues like that take priority. Did you get it fixed?
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
King of the Road
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
That's ok. Yes issues like that take priority. Did you get it fixed?
No but got your pics. Still looking for someone with more expertise to advise out here. Got pics of the slide to so I can post those in another thread.

Here's Yours.....These are 2 120 lb gas lifts, from your description you just need a couple for a storage door so 10 lb on each side would be more that enough I would think, you decide. Don't want something that won't stay closed.

Bed closed bed open left shock right shock. Gonna have to cock yer head to the left, sorry......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_133411.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	140093   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_133436.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	140094   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_133456.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	140095   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_133505.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	140096  
__________________
2016 Crusader Lite
Single slide
2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 278
That's perfect thank you.
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1955 View Post
No but got your pics. Still looking for someone with more expertise to advise out here. Got pics of the slide to so I can post those in another thread.

Here's Yours.....These are 2 120 lb gas lifts, from your description you just need a couple for a storage door so 10 lb on each side would be more that enough I would think, you decide. Don't want something that won't stay closed.

Bed closed bed open left shock right shock. Gonna have to cock yer head to the left, sorry......


Looks good. I may just have to try that on my FE 292BHDS.
gswhite25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed, bunk, gas, grey wolf, lift

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.