Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #1

Has anyone fitted an outdoor shower faucet?

hello I have a 2007 fr georgetown class a 35’ the one thing that I miss is having an outdoor faucet for cleanup and maybe showering or washing dogs.

I have been looking for placement on the driver side and I could see hooking into the shower lines but im simply not brave enough to tear into the siding to make it happen.
I took a long look at the water hookup closet on the driver’s side as well, all the plumbing seems to go through there and I could put the faucet inside the door. but there is no way to know if both hot and cold water pipes are in there. I ran the hot water long enough so I could feel if any of the pipes warmed up, but no luck.

is there such a thing as a standard place to install an outdoor faucet? or a plumbing diagram that would at least prove the feasibility? has anyone out there done this before?

many thanks in advance,
dowend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #2

Where are your low point drains? Many have tapped into those for external water as it's pretty easy to do. They're usually threaded and you could set up a temporary system.
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:27 PM   #3

I don't whether this is any help or not.

The Rockwood and Flagstaff A-frames come with outdoor showers. I had to replace mine so I called Flagstaff. The whole thing comes in a plastic box that fits into a rectangular hole in the side wall (about 8" x 12"). This includes faucets, threaded stubs on the back for attaching hot and cold water lines, shower hose and head, locking cover for the box. Just push into the hole, caulk and screw in place, attach water lines in the back. Cost for the replacement was $40.

We use the outside shower as the easy way to get water for cooking and cleaning (we cook and clean at the picnic table).

just an idea, feel free to reject
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #4

low point drains great idea. put in brass water hose quick releases and nipples. fab. up 2 hoses and a Y. and a shower head.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:10 PM   #5

On ours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowend View Post
hello I have a 2007 fr georgetown class a 35’ the one thing that I miss is having an outdoor faucet for cleanup and maybe showering or washing dogs.

I have been looking for placement on the driver side and I could see hooking into the shower lines but im simply not brave enough to tear into the siding to make it happen.
I took a long look at the water hookup closet on the driver’s side as well, all the plumbing seems to go through there and I could put the faucet inside the door. but there is no way to know if both hot and cold water pipes are in there. I ran the hot water long enough so I could feel if any of the pipes warmed up, but no luck.

is there such a thing as a standard place to install an outdoor faucet? or a plumbing diagram that would at least prove the feasibility? has anyone out there done this before?

many thanks in advance,
On our 22 foot SOB, the outdoor shower is directly through the wall to the bathroom vanity. It uses the shower box that Fred W mentioned in post #3.

If you open the cabinet doors on the vanity (below the sink), you can see the back end of the box protruding into the cabinet. From there it is a trivial matter to tee into the hot and cold lines.

You should be able to poke and probe the wall behind the vanity to find the spot between studs. Measure the width of the box and drill holes at the corners (at least the upper or lower two corners) right through the outside. This will give you markers for the complete hole. You might even make the entire opening from the inside before drilling to make sure there's nothing in the cavity.

Here's a .

Here's the kit. Not necessarily the cheapest--just the first one that I found.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, faucet, show, shower