Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2020, 11:44 PM   #1

Has anyone installed a Lippert 672136 Ground Control on a travel trailer?

The 672136 is electric and looks quite ideal for a regular travel trailer. The pre-sales material makes it look easy enough. It certainly looks more practical than adding a hydraulic system, although I haven't ruled that out yet.

Does anyone know from experience how well the installation works out on a travel trailer for this kind or electric auto-leveling system?
CustomBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 01:03 PM   #2

Did you install a Lippert 672136 Ground Control

Hello! I am wondering if you ended up installing the Lippert 672136 Ground Control? We have a Alpha Wolf 26RL-L on order from the factory. We are interested in having the same system installed on ours. Curious how much the installation costs?
Chrisl18901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl18901 View Post
Hello! I am wondering if you ended up installing the Lippert 672136 Ground Control?

Curious how much the installation costs?
Yes I installed one. Actually it's about 99% done. I still need to hook up the main power to the control panel and put a ring terminal on the ground. I did the install myself and have no idea what it would cost to have someone else do it.

Installation was quite simple and straight forward, but took me a lot of time thinking it through and getting it all done neat and tidy. Having said that, unless you are quite handy with things and have the tools, having someone else do the installation would be the best way to go.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:56 AM   #4

I had the Lippert leveling system installed on my 5th wheel, then i reinstalled the electronics as the dealer didn’t follow directions. It’s important to read and understand the directions and pay attention to any labels on the sensor(s) that state THIS SIDE UP.
sawpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpdx View Post
I had the Lippert leveling system installed on my 5th wheel, then i reinstalled the electronics as the dealer didn’t follow directions. It’s important to read and understand the directions and pay attention to any labels on the sensor(s) that state THIS SIDE UP.
I finally finished installing mine yesterday and the next stage is going to be to power it on and hope it all works. The electronics / screens / setup look to be far more challenging than the mechanical aspect of installation.

Did you find the software / firmware easy enough to get it all working smoothly?

Anything in particular that I should watch out for in the setup screens?
Old 04-01-2021, 06:28 AM   #6

We have the Lippert 3.0 on our unit,the Frame thickness and size is important as well as mounting location of jacks! All the people who ask "where is a place on the Frame to jack up my unit,without Damage" comes to mind! The other thing is Type of mount,Vertical or Batwing? Youroo!!
Old 04-01-2021, 12:17 PM   #7

Has anyone installed a Lippert 672136 Ground Control on a travel trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomBuild View Post
I finally finished installing mine yesterday and the next stage is going to be to power it on and hope it all works. The electronics / screens / setup look to be far more challenging than the mechanical aspect of installation.

Did you find the software / firmware easy enough to get it all working smoothly?

Anything in particular that I should watch out for in the setup screens?

I got lucky and didn’t have to upgrade the software or firmware. Once the main board and rear sensor were mounted per the instructions the system worked properly the first time I gave it a try.
sawpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpdx View Post
I got lucky and didn’t have to upgrade the software or firmware. Once the main board and rear sensor were mounted per the instructions the system worked properly the first time I gave it a try.
That's great to hear.

I powered mine on today and it appears to have worked perfectly from the first attempt too. I think I might need to check the calibration another day, but so far it's looking good.

I was actually really impressed, especially when I think of all the times we used to go back and forth, on and off leveling blocks and finally say it's near enough.

Tags
led, trailer, travel, travel trailer