Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #1

Has anyone used the Tech-Edge iSeries Tank Monitor?

Has anyone used the Tech-Edge iSeries Tank Monitor? https://tankedge.com/products.html I have used a SeeLevel monitor and liked it, but after only a couple of years it is becoming erratic in it's readings, so I am considering switching to this brand. Anyone have experience with the iSeries?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #2

No one?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #3

I have had and used the iSeries in 2 different campers. I love the unit and plan to put it in my new camper this spring. One of the very good points I would like to make is tech support. I had a power surge of some kind and shorted the board, I sent the panel in and for $25 the repaired it and sent it back to me. A down side to the system is it does take some time to run all new wires from each tank to the panel. You can't really use the existing wiring because the existing wiring is 1 wire from each tank and the iSeries needs 2 wires from each tank back to the panel. The iSeries system was always 100% accurate. Also you can custom set alarms for what ever setting full or empty you want. i.e. Black tank you want to alarm at 80% full but grey tank you are not as worried about maybe so you set that one at 87% full and your fresh tank you set at 20% until empty.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #4

Thanks, sounds like a good system, even with the wiring requirement.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:33 AM   #5

Well I thoroughly checked all my wiring and it was fine. Turns out the monitor panel itself had become faulty. Bought a new one and all is good now.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:35 AM   #6

Successful Install in a Freelander

I spent the weekend installing a TankEdge iSeries in our Freelander 27QB.

Our goal was to re-use the existing wires connected to the tanks. The current tank monitors use a two-wire system (1 multi-colored, one white - ground), while the iSeries requires three (two leads, plus a ground).

Our initial thought was to use the two existing wires as the two leads, and then add a ground to the chassis at the tank. It made sense, as the existing monitor has the three multicolored wires plus three white wires. Just figure out which white wire came from which tank, and we're in business, right? Wrong.

Turns out that the three white wires at the panel were also common-grounded somewhere along the line (three into one common into three again?). Took some head banging and some cussing in the general direction of Elkhart, IN to figure out that the existing white wires would not be usable.

We wound up snaking three new wires from the panel back to the fresh tank under the bed. At that point, there is a loom for the wires going through the floor under the chassis to the black and gray tanks. This was actually much easier than we had imagined.

Now we had the original multicolored wire, the original ground (white) wire and the new wire for our second lead.

Once we wired all the tanks, the propane lead and the battery, we now have a working system which is WAY more accurate, and not subject to fouling.

We are very happy with the iSeries, and extremely happy with the support provided by TankEdge.

I would suggest to all of the RV manufacturers that for the incremental cost of this sensor, it would be a huge improvement to the RV. And to the after-market consumer, this is a small price to pay for a much better monitoring solution.

Tags
tank