Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #1

Holding tanks

Hi all, new to the site. Wife and I are getting ready to purchase 2020 artic wolf 29rl. I was looking at specs for fresh water, black water and grey water tanks. The fresh water tank is 49 gallons, and the others are 35 gallons each. Can these coaches be upgraded to hold more. Our older 5th wheel had 120 gallon fresh water and the others were 65 gallons each. These tanks lasted around 4 days. With only 49 gallons, maybe 2 days most before dumping and refilling. Any hope?
Rick
Pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #2

it would be custom, had a buddy add a tank but had to add a transfer pump because tanks were not at same elevation. I assume you have a closed underbelly so it's hard to know if there's a spot for another tank. These tanks come in innumerable sizes and shapes.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:43 PM   #3

The big issue will be finding suitable space. Might be more practical and cost effective to just invest in a fresh water bladder and either large tote tank or bladder for the holding tanks. Add a macerator pump to transfer from Trailer Tank to tote/tank and a fresh water pump to transfer from bladder to FW tank on trrailer.

This would also give you the flexibility to merely haul waste to the nearest dump station and take on more fresh water without having to break camp.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:52 PM   #4

never seen it as an option from factory. you may be aware that most of the time fresh quantities are inflated to include hot water heater.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:28 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll look into getting a portable tank for times i'm not using hook ups.
Pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank