Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #1

Question Honeywell Thermostat Upgrade

Hiya folks... I have looked all through these threads to find an answer and can't find it so, I'm going to see if someone can help me. I'm in a 1998 Jayco Designer 5th wheel. My A/C is a Coleman 7000 Series and my furnace is a Excalibur 8900 III. I replaced the old non-working thermo with a honeywell RTHL111 series.

The problem is I have no yellow wire or brown wire. The wire colors in the AC unit are thick (red, green, blue and white) wires.

I also have an auto vent fan which uses a thin white and red wire (going to a seperate thermostat) the 2nd thermostat wires have two more spawned wires which were taped up behind the wall.

The way I have it hooked up now is in the picture. The air conditioner does work with the way the wires are going into the thermostat. I just dont know how to make the furnace work

I just noticed that the wires coming out of the AC are as follows:

Y = blue wire
b = red wire
gl (low fan) = white wire
gh (hi fan) = green wire

but still when I hook them up based on the way they are hooked up in the AC, neither the ac or furnace works.. soooo.. any suggestions on how to hook it up to the honeywell?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thermo1.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	20440  
Kathyp143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #2

If your replacing a Dometic LCD Thermostat you maybe out of luck. If so check out this thread.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ade-29667.html
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #3

Well.. I took my circuit board to the RV dealership and was told it was dead. They sold me another one for $130.

I installed it and.... NOTHING!

The light doesn't even come on. Guess I'm going to have to hire someone to come out and find what happened to the power to my furnace fuses are good, have now replaced the circuit board and circuit breaker.. Should the green/red light come on even if the power switch is bad?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #4

So.. I hired someone to fix this problem.. Turns out my heater thermostat cable was broken! Sometimes it's the cheap fixes huh... I still have to install the old circuit board to see if the RV dealership sold me a board for the heck of it