Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2023, 11:56 AM   #1

Installed Haloview MC7109 on Mini Lite 2109S but antenna is tilted

I just installed a Haloview MC7109 backup camera on my 2023 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S. But the antenna is tilted to the side because of the Furion eyebrow mount. Has anyone got a work-around for this, or is it okay for the antenna to be tilted? Also, there is a shorter antenna included (three total, one for the monitor in the truck). I'm unclear which antenna to use, but am assuming the longer the better. I am attaching an image showing the camera mounted with tilted antenna, and an image of the shorter antenna (which has a label "camera").
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraMounted.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	287645   Click image for larger version

Name:	ShortAntenna.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	287646  
Old 05-25-2023, 12:06 PM   #2

The true test will be when you are traveling down the highway at speed. Do you have a good image, minimal lag?

When I installed the same camera on my 2109s, I completely removed the Furion mount and mounted the Haloview adapter bracket over top of the Furion gasket, directly to the camper wall.

As to the antenna, my system only had two antennas, one for the camera and one for the monitor.
(We're just getting started!)
JimM2109S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:22 PM   #3

The antenna on my rear camera is tilted like shown and it has no adverse effect on operation. Maybe if distance was greater than max tow length but then would it matter?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 03:14 PM   #4

I wouldnt think the antenna angle matters. It still has to go through the camper to get to your monitor. It could probably point straight down and it wouldnt make a difference.

Old 05-26-2023, 07:10 PM   #5

There is no requirement that the antenna be oriented vertically. It will work just as well, and maybe better if horizontal. What is definitely a good plan is to orient both the sending and receiving antennas the same. Signal strength looks like a doughnut, so if both antennas are oriented the same, then the "fat" part of the doughnuts play well together.
The main reason a vertical orientation is used is to get a part of the antenna over the top of anything between the sending and receiving antennas.
FWIW, I have both of my antennas horizontal and get good results. Additionally, I actually hang my receiver upside down. I use some women's hair bungees to attach it to my trucks rear view mirror. Right side up, there wasn't room for the antenna. I set the monitor to flip the display so I see the image correctly. Only issue is the "distance guide" that shows on the display is wrong (it doesn't flip)...
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 2109s, antenna, led, lite, mini lite