Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #21

we put on two of the high flow covers about 1.5 yrs ago
i like the fact in winter the bathroom vent stopped dripping condensation on you whilst on the throne
Old 04-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #22
Computer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manytoyz View Post
Getting ready for our maiden voyage in the new TT next week. The odor & burning eyes sensation from the chemicals used in the construction has been a concern. The TT is at a commerical storage facility, so I can't just leave it open to air out.

So I decided to install a couple of Maxx Air vents. This way I could leave the vents open, and the exhaust fan on low, all week, with no fear of rain getting in. This worked great! I can't detect the odor anymore, and my eyes no longer burn. Hopefully the wife will report the same when we load it up this weekend.

Very easy to install these

Drill 4 holes through the existing vent frame, set the cover in place, bolt it down. No holes through the roof.

It was a little more challenging with the vent with the fan. Screws had to be removed to drop the fan. This allowed access so the nuts could be put on the screws used to hold the vent brackets in place.

Worthwhile project. And my first (of many) mods to my TT...
hello, did you say you were able to get one of these over the bathroom fan vent. I didn't think it was big enough to open the fan vent. I may need to get another one for the bathroom.

2019 Coachman Chaparral Lite 295BH

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9 Diesel
Jimmy-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #23

i have had one on my bathroom vent since i brought mine home from the dealer. i think i put them on the next week. it fit no problem and have no issues with it. just make sure you have some open and close the vent to make sure it is positioned correct and yes you will have to remove the fan during installation to get at the screws. that was really the only issue.
skidoonut is offline   Reply With Quote