Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2022, 09:37 AM   #1

Inverter / charger - Magnum SM2012

I have a Magnum MS2012 charger / inverter, Honda Eu2000, and Surge guard.
I can run my a/c using generator no problem. According to my surge guard meter 15amps is being used.

Now to the problem….
I start my Honda gen, wait for 129 seconds for the surge guard to do its job then power comes to rig. GREAT!

The Magnum charger engages and you can hear the differences in gen. Check the Magnum control panel.

I look at the surge guard panel and the amps go up to 8 then to 7 down to 2. I’ve checked the Magnum settings for charger and the AC AMPS IS AT 15 Amps.

It takes forever to get my battery bank up to full when only pulling 2amps from generator. My battery bank is 450AH’s in case wondering.

Help please!!

Larry & Sharon
lckeehne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:00 AM   #2

just wondering, what is the state of the battery charge when this happens? if might just be that the batteries are nearly full and are drawing little current from the charger. also the 2 amps being reported is ac amps. the charger is probably putting around 20 dc amps into the batteries. the recharge current going into FLA batteries decreases as get closer to a full charge.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:50 AM   #3

Magnum inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
just wondering, what is the state of the battery charge when this happens? if might just be that the batteries are nearly full and are drawing little current from the charger. also the 2 amps being reported is ac amps. the charger is probably putting around 20 dc amps into the batteries. the recharge current going into FLA batteries decreases as get closer to a full charge.
Chickdoe,
Thanks for the response. Yesterday the SOC was at 73. After two your was at 75.

Right now after being hooked up to shore power the bank is at 90 SOC and the amps aren’t showing above zero.
lckeehne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 07:04 PM   #4

Couple thoughts. Do you have the Magnum BMK with shunt?
Can you disconnect shore and disconnect battery bank and let it sit 30 minutes then measure battery voltage with multimeter?
As stated above sounds like the bank is full and your RV doesn't know it.
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, inverter