Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #1

JackKnife Sofa Replacement Advice

I am replacing the jackknife sofa in my 2014 Salem 31BKIS.
I'm currently removing it and had no trouble until I got to the feet in front.
I can't find a way to detach them.
Does anyone have any advice or know how these things are attached to the slide out floor?
The sofa is in my main slide out and the only thing holding the base to the floor seems to be the front feet at this point.
Here you can take a look.
Up close
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425767033.875397.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	70931
Further back, foot on the left side

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425767049.348543.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	70932
Inside the frame looking at back of foot.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425767063.055944.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	70933
yourguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:41 AM   #2

It may be screwed to the floor from the bottom side of the slide out floor. You could use a stud sensor or magnet along the
bottom from the outside to check. Possibly someone has removed one and knows or you could call forest river and ask. Possibly cut the foot off an inch above the floor and then just unscrew the part left. Did I mention the bfh? Good luck
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #3

The feet on my sofa are just attached to the sofa frame. They are not attached to the floor. Yours may be the same and then again maybe not. Check to see if you can slide something like a putty knife the whole way under the foot. That will give you an idea if the are attached to the floor or not.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #4

Could be like most car and LT seats where there is a stud welded to the bracket,the stud goes thru a hole in the floor and is fastened w/ a washer nut on the bottom. Get a flashlite and look very carefully on the top surface of the bracket.If it does have a stud welded to it there will be a dimple on the top.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #5

Thanks for all your pointers and advice.
They were attached to the floor with screws. They were first attached to the wood with a screw and then they screwed them to the slide out floor... About 3/4 into the plywood.
If I would have known this I could have perhaps swiveled the plastic feet around until I could eyeball the screw that was holding them to the floor.
Instead I sawzall'ed the feet off at the base of the frame, exposing the screws that held them to the floor.
No real damage done, so the jackknife sofa should be able to be installed elsewhere if I can find a taker.
I'll try to post pics if anyone is interested or needs a visual of what I described.

Now to get the new sofa through the 29" door as soon as it arrives from the furniture store.
yourguide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement