Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2022, 06:37 PM   #21

I just completed a 3000+ trip with a Hyperax rack and 2 heavy ebikes. Looks very similar to the Hollywood brand. They have a model specifically for RV’s. Stayed put nicely but had some paint rubbed off where the top grips them. Next time I’m cutting a pool noodle for the top bar. They also just released an adapter for step through bikes and it looks like it would protect mine better. I also purchased a cover on Amazon big enough to cover both bikes.
slgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #22

Swagman eSpec

I have a Swagman eSpec. Fits both Lectrics on the back of our Rockwood Ultra Lite 2706WS. Rated at 140 lbs. our 2 bikes come in at 132. Works great!
molf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
I have a problem with all the bike racks as the basket for my wife's tricycle already sticks out and adding all the bike racks I've seen will fit the receiver but will stick out, way out and is totally beyond being safe and will hit the pavement going out of driveways.
I found a review for the 10 best e bike racks and my Swagman Traveler XC2 is the highest rate of them all for behind a MH. Yet it says only 35 lb weight per bike, it's confusing.
The e bike fits the existing loops and locks in secure. I would think the weakest part is the tire loops. Going to ask a welding shop if the can find a way to beef the rack up somehow. Attached are photos. 2nd one shows the basket with my DW's trike and my old mountain bike.
Carry some zip ties cheap and added Secuity wrap the rim with a rag to protect it from scratching
graystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:44 PM   #24

I have had 2 Kuat Racks. The best you can buy in my opinion!
Powderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 12:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircommuter View Post
I use the Thule T2 Pro xtr, I chose it over the Kuat because it has a better tightening device in the hitch.
I have the Thule as well with an extension for a total of 4 ebikes and it works great. With the extension it’s a bit heavy to move between the motorhome and tow vehicle.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:34 AM   #26
Gruber

Kuat rack

We use the Kuat 2.0 rack with Swagman 2 bike cover. We’ve put 24k miles on durning COVID times and have been very happy with the setup. We have 2 ebikes, approximately 48 pounds each with batteries and 42 without batteries. We travel with batteries removed. When traveling and using the bikes a lot in decent weather we do not use the cover just to make it easier for spur of the moment rides.
Jefrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:38 AM   #27

I bought Hyperax ebike rack. https://hyperax.co/
sylviachesterparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:15 AM   #28
Sunseeker 3010DS

Sorry, I dont have any pictures. I have a motor home and 2 ebikes. They are heavy and most if not all bicycle racks are in my opinion not strong enough. I put a trailer hitch on the front of my MH and bought 2 motor cycle hitch mounts. One on the front and one on the back. Very strong and very stable with Battery and excesories intacked. My bikes also fold up and can be put in the MH, pickup or SUV. So the options are many. Check Amazon for motor cycle carriers.
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 02:26 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefrid View Post
We use the Kuat 2.0 rack with Swagman 2 bike cover. We’ve put 24k miles on durning COVID times and have been very happy with the setup. We have 2 ebikes, approximately 48 pounds each with batteries and 42 without batteries. We travel with batteries removed. When traveling and using the bikes a lot in decent weather we do not use the cover just to make it easier for spur of the moment rides.
I use a set of trailer magnetic lights on my setup as I have my DW's tricycle in a basket and the Swagman rack with Hollywood wheel loops. A cover would prevent the use of the extra tail lights. Do you have an issue with the tail lights?
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 05:08 PM   #30

I didn't read all the comments so maybe the same response is here but I would recommend an e-bike rack rated for RV use due to the bouncing. I use the Swagman E-Spec Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes - 2" Hitches and have had an excellent experience.
1983 Wife
koribustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:32 AM   #31

Did you have to use a cross bar? my wife has a step thru.

2017 Mini Lite 2506S front kitchen

2018 GMC Sierra 1500
labcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 12:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by labcamper View Post
We have 2 Lectric step-thru bikes. If you put something on the back rack it can be difficult to swing your leg over depending on your flexibility.
1983 Wife
Old 08-29-2022, 05:23 AM   #33

Crossbar for Step through bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by labcamper View Post
Yes, I use a crossbar for my Step through bike. I don't know how you would attach it to the bike rack without one unless you use bungie cords or straps. The crossbar keeps my bike stable on the rack. I also use a cover on my bike when traveling.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviachesterparker View Post
Yes, I use a crossbar for my Step through bike. I don't know how you would attach it to the bike rack without one unless you use bungie cords or straps. The crossbar keeps my bike stable on the rack. I also use a cover on my bike when traveling.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. If you go to this eTrailer site and look at the Swagman, there are two "hooks" that slide down onto the bikes. It is a bit more difficult with the step-thru's. I have to point the bikes in different directions and put the long "hook" on first then the shorter one. I played around with the bike arrangements to get it to work properly.

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-...nt=30%20-%2060
1983 Wife
Old 08-30-2022, 05:05 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by koribustard View Post
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. If you go to this eTrailer site and look at the Swagman, there are two "hooks" that slide down onto the bikes. It is a bit more difficult with the step-thru's. I have to point the bikes in different directions and put the long "hook" on first then the shorter one. I played around with the bike arrangements to get it to work properly.

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-...nt=30%20-%2060
Sorry, I was replying to a question on a previous thread. Guess I used the wrong thread for my reply and it posted as a question

Tags
bike, bike rack