Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #1

Led Interior Light upgrades LS 1508-A HYD9

I have seen a post regarding this issues but it has been closed to commenting. I have a 2017 Forrest River Sierra 5th wheel with the dreaded LS 1508-A HYD9. the other post recommended contacting Command Electronics which i have reached out too. I'm just wondering if there is a good replacement Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7378.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	227097

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0990.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	227099
polecat28328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #2

Having problems with similar lights. I haven't been able to find an exact replacement. I'll be following to see if anyone else has found a solution.
speckledpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckledpup View Post
Having problems with these lights. I haven't been able to find an exact replacement. I'll be following to see if anyone else has found a solution.

I’ve reached out the manufacture and they were closed due to the covid stuff. And glad you commented but I haven’t heard back from them and I think they were supposed to open mid April. I’ll reach back out and keep you posted
polecat28328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:08 AM   #4

Question Replacement of LS1508-A HYD9

Has anyone found a good replacement for these Command Electronics LED lights? I also have a 2017 Forrest River XLR that has these and three have burnt out and need replaced. Would like to replace all of these throughout my coach and replace with a nicer bronze metal bezel type LED that is capable to dim as well. Any suggestions?
StormChaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #5

I contacted Command Electronics about my failing LED lights and they sent me a bunch of replacement modules. I had to remove the fixture, disconnect the wires, snap out the old module and snap in the new module, connect the wires and reinstall the fixture.

The customer service rep said they had a defective batch in 2017.

They were supposed to send some pushbutton modules also but I never got them and then Covid came along.

Keep trying them if you want a direct replacement.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #6

I contacted Command and they acted like they knew nothing about a bad batch or any problems with these lights.

They had me buy the same units to replace my bad ones.

Had another one go out while I was waiting for the ones I purchased to show up. Good thing I ordered a couple of extras.
speckledpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:18 PM   #7

Sorry about reviving such an old post but this issue is no were near being fixed or dealt with.

13 of these lights have burnt out in my 2017 forest river sierra, and what all of you might not be thinking about, is the fact that these led lights are attached to circuit boards, and when these circuit boards arc, they cna can fire and or burn slowly for a very long time.

Circuit boards contain PCB's and the white are of the light housing in these lights, when they arc, offgas PCB's into your unit. My wife, my daughter, and have been getting sick from these lights, and I now have hired an attorney to get the lights tested, as well as the residue found on the lights that occurs when they arc and slowly burn for hours.

See attached light. notice the arcing spots and then think about how long it took arc that way. Then notice the grey residue on the light housing. In order to create that amount of residue on the light housing, the circuit board must have slowly burned for a long time. But forensics will prove that.

These lights should be recalled immediately, to prevent any fires or deaths.

If the doctors say that these lights caused our illnesses, then I'm immediately filing a law suit against Command Electronics, Forest River, and Warren Buffet, the owner of forest river.

If this post is deleted, edited or altered in anyway by forum moderators, then that will be proof, that Forest River is trying to hide the truth about these led lights, and their complicit in a coverup.

I have filmed my posting and have used adobe acrobat to make a PDF of this page after my posting, to show proof of my post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210410_175053.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	251706  
KdogFromPocatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:50 PM   #8

I just realized this is not the official forest river forums, but since there are a lot of forest river owners on the site, I think it was good that I posted what I know so far, so others can gain more information about this very dangerous issue.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #9

Remove the diffuser on one of these lights and turn it on. Use an infrared thermometer to check the temperature. I'm getting readings in the 200°F range on the OEM fixtures.
We don't use them often and never leave them on unattended.
I haven't tested a replacement yet.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:12 PM   #10

I did what you suggested Kirk, and I'm getting anywhere between 180 to 223 F, on the spots that are burnt from arcing.

I've disconnected all of the lights, and have added stickup light emitting diodes in there place.

Tags
led, light, upgrade