Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
The Driver

Make a Used One Yours

We have had our Class C Sunseeker 2860 for a few weeks and I have been going through seeing if things are as I would expect. Hope this helps out anyone that is thinking about or has just gotten a used RV.

Found a valve stem extension on the drivers side inside rear. Not one on the other side. Removed it.

Did the roof walk and sealed up a few things, nothing major.

Found evidence of insects in outside refer vent so I did the aluminum screen mod to that area, the WH area, furnace vent and bumper caps.

The water knobs in the bath lav and shower were not right. Now I've been to Leverknob school and when you turn knobs counterclockwise water is supposed to come out. Levers are different. Fixed that.

And what's with the key direction on the exterior compartment doors locks and the latches? Fixed them so you put the key in the same way on each lock and turn counterclockwise to open. Same for latches.

On this model there is a large exterior hatch on passenger rear. Removed the fascia panels and noticed no insulation. Put on some 3/4 Dow blue board just because it was a beautiful day.

Happy travels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoInsulation.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	137729  
PoppySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #2

Please tell me how you changed faucet directions and also how to change direction of compartment locks
EdFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
The Driver

Sorry for the late reply. We have been traveling!

Neither was very hard. The faucet stems have a silver plate with 2 holes on the bottom. You just have to rotate the plate. Kinda of trial and error for me.

The locks were about the same way. Just take them out and put them in the right orientation.

Good luck!
PoppySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. I changed the two faucets and also the locks on my compartments. It's the little things that make a big difference. At least now I can tell if the compartments are locked or not by looking. Also will not be turning the faucets the wrong way. Thanks again.
EdFla is offline   Reply With Quote