Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #21

What are the weight of these, wondering because of the under bed storage, if it hinders it or not
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #22

We bought a mattress from http://www.thervmattresscompany.com best mattress we ever bough. After fives years still like the day we bought it.
soapydonutzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #23

When we had our TT, the mattress was horrible. While we were camping, I ordered one of these and had it delivered to the campground (2 day shipping). We LOVED it. We had a Tempurpedic at the house.

When we upgraded to a 5'er, we ordered the mattress BEFORE we took possession of the fifth wheel. It's still in there and it feels perfect. So much so that when our Tempurpedic died, we ordered one of these for the house, although it's thicker than the one in the RV.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensa...tress/55084597

Although it is heavier than the previous mattress, we can still access our storage underneath. It is a 2-hand lift instead of being able to access it with only one hand.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #24

The Zinus, mattress arrived yesterday, and I have in the bedroom, haven't slept on it yet but just laying on it, I have to say its great. If I remember right they said shipping weight was around 49 Lbs. I would defiantly recommend this mattress...
Ridgerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
What are the weight of these, wondering because of the under bed storage, if it hinders it or not
When we installed our 10" Avena MF Mattress I changed the geometry on the under bed gas shocks to keep it Up! Youroo!!
Old 03-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #26
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Bigger dog with taller legs?....lol
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:09 PM   #27

mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
We have a Trump king size bed that sleeps better that the bed does in my house

Ditto on the Trump.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #28

Bought this one...

Zinus Sleep Master Deluxe Memory Foam 8 inch RV, short queen

LINK

We like our mattress a little on the firm side like our Tempurpedic and many of the reviews complained that it was too firm. Now that it is installed and expanded it appears to be slightly less firm than our home mattress but still firm enough for us. We will be trying it out in a couple of weeks for a few days and will let you know.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #29

I have a 2" low density topper in my Shamrock Hybrid... I did not want to lose the warming feature of the OEM mattress, and as I have to remove the topper to close the bed when moving, I did not want to wrestle with anything thicker or heavier.

There are many types of toppers out there from 1.5" to 4" and they vary in density and weight. Do your research on toppers before buying. Walmart, Sams, Costco all have had great deals on them in the past.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #30

Denver mattress

My new sunseeker had a Denver mattress 60 x 89. I slept on it once and it was acceptable, however I had 3 beers prior. I need one more short trip before deciding if I need a new mattress, I would look at home style mattresses for a replacement.
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #31

So I took the camper for its first trip last weekend, went from Wisconsin to Nebraska for a field trials. I got to spend 2 nights on the new mattress and I can now say it was GREAT. both the dogs and myself highly recommend the Zinus 10 inch memory foam mattress. Also I had no problems what so ever with the camper, everything worked.
Ridgerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
We upgraded to this. We have to lift the mattress to access our clothes and found this is doable. Even the price was doable..

https://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattre...queen+mattress

X2. Not sure how long it will last but the price was right and it's comfortable
Pbgbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbgbrv View Post
X2. Not sure how long it will last but the price was right and it's comfortable

My wife and I just bought this mattress. We have not slept in it yet. Our first trip with the new mattress is this weekend.

Travel Trailer - 2014 - Salem 26TBUD
Tow Vehicle - 2004 F150 SuperCrew 4X4 Lariat 5.4L
Nights Camped 2014 - 5; Scheduled - 6
sandkreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #34

Wow, I'm surprised no on has mentioned Sleep Number??? The mattress is incredibly comfortable and the wife and I can both get the right setting.

We upgraded to a sleepnumber in our old camper probably 3 years ago. We have had one at home for about 7-8 years now.

We saved a bunch of money by buying a full size queen mattress instead of the camper queen. Especially if you can find it on sale.
Then I just extended the base by 6" to make it fit.
Its much lighter than a normal mattress too.

You have to do a bit of work to install the pump - I drilled some holes for the hose and placed it under the bed.

I moved it to the new Wildwood last year - then I put the brand new mattress (still in plastic) in the old camper and the buyer was super happy to get a new mattress.

You of course have to make sure that there is space to extend the mattress 6" if you convert from camper queen to full size queen.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkosu04 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised no on has mentioned Sleep Number??? The mattress is incredibly comfortable and the wife and I can both get the right setting.

We upgraded to a sleepnumber in our old camper probably 3 years ago. We have had one at home for about 7-8 years now.

We saved a bunch of money by buying a full size queen mattress instead of the camper queen. Especially if you can find it on sale.
Then I just extended the base by 6" to make it fit.
Its much lighter than a normal mattress too.

You have to do a bit of work to install the pump - I drilled some holes for the hose and placed it under the bed.

I moved it to the new Wildwood last year - then I put the brand new mattress (still in plastic) in the old camper and the buyer was super happy to get a new mattress.

You of course have to make sure that there is space to extend the mattress 6" if you convert from camper queen to full size queen.

We have had a sleep number in the house for 15 years and absolutely love it. Cost for the fifth wheel was a little much for the few weeks a year we used it. Now that we are going to be full time the cost is worth it...$899 on sale right now...full queen. Did you just put the mattress on the plywood? No base?
Old 04-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #36

yes, I just have ours setting on the plywood. Typically the bases for the sleep number mattresses are just solid bases anyway (I'm pretty sure?)

Here is my install

once you put it down the mattress doesn't stick out like it does in this picture...

I'm pretty sure we got ours for closer to $400-500 but I think the prices are higher now than they used to be. I think its definitely worth it... I used to never get a good nights sleep in the camper and would wake up with a sore back.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkosu04 View Post
yes, I just have ours setting on the plywood. Typically the bases for the sleep number mattresses are just solid bases anyway (I'm pretty sure?)

Here is my install

once you put it down the mattress doesn't stick out like it does in this picture...

I'm pretty sure we got ours for closer to $400-500 but I think the prices are higher now than they used to be. I think its definitely worth it... I used to never get a good nights sleep in the camper and would wake up with a sore back.

Looks great. Thanks for the reply
Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #38

We just installed the Zinus Sleep Master Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 8 Inch Mattress, Short Queen
from Amazon (about 184.00). We placed it over the hard mattress and will tie both together with those
Sheet Band Straps Suspendersso that the 2 mattress dont move around.

Robert Jordan
Winnsboro Tx
Coachmen 27QB
robjordan406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade