Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2020, 08:35 PM   #1

MORryde heavy duty shackle kit

I need a little help from the forum heroes.

I am doing a suspension upgrade this weekend but I've run into a little snag. I have a trailer with a 42" wheel base so I chose the Equa-flex equalizer and I would like to use the MORryde wet bolt kit to replace the cheapo factory stuff. But my shackles are 2 5/8" center eye to center eye and the MORryde kit only comes in 2 1/4" or 3 1/8". Which one should I use or am I stuck with the 2 5/8"?

Second question: I assumed that I would need the trailer suspension to hang freely to do this job but when I watched some YouTube videos I saw it done 1 side at a time. Do I need both sides of the trailer on jack stands at the same time or can I jack up 1 side at a time? By no means are YouTube videos conclusive, just want to save myself some trouble if I can.

Thanks for any relevant advice!
Old 05-18-2020, 08:47 PM   #2

Question #1. Call MORryde. #2. I replaced mine one side at a time. If you have 2 jacks and 2 jack stands you should be OK
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #3

MORryde claims to have no knowledge of a shackle 2 5/8" long. However, eTrailer claims they are the most popular size in their education guide to suspensions.

I just ordered 2 1\4" and we'll see how it goes. If I have to I will reuse the 2 5/8" shackles. Is it just me or is nothing ever straight forward these days?