RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #221
Senior Member
 
stevengb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 169
these lights have taken on a life of their own!! LOL
__________________

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #222
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Well, I was planning on drilling a tiny hole in the door (instead of the side) but I like the super duper death ray idea better.

Now a call to the Skunk Works to see what is available "off the shelf."
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #223
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769
Well, I was planning on drilling a tiny hole in the door (instead of the side) but I like the super duper death ray idea better.

Now a call to the Skunk Works to see what is available "off the shelf."
Maybe sumpin in the uhf variety?
He he
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #224
Another rat in the race
 
jar3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Redlands CA
Posts: 368
Will the IR signal for the lights run through the trailer glass like on an entertainment center.

I'm thinking run run the lights just under the awning, drill a small hole behind manual awning. In my trailer there are cabinets there, with the 12v radio and a window under neath. so I could put it all in a cabinet and just drill a small hole through the bottom and stick the IR up to the window.

How long is the IR wire is it detachable from the unit (for making an extension cable) worst case scenario can the unit be opened up and the IR and LED connections re-designed.
__________________
A rainy day camping is better than any sunny day at work
2004 F250 V10 SD Xcab 2011 Wildwood T26BHXL
jar3316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #225
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Don't know why not.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #226
Senior Member
 
Rsgtivr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar3316 View Post
Will the IR signal for the lights run through the trailer glass like on an entertainment center.

I'm thinking run run the lights just under the awning, drill a small hole behind manual awning. In my trailer there are cabinets there, with the 12v radio and a window under neath. so I could put it all in a cabinet and just drill a small hole through the bottom and stick the IR up to the window.

How long is the IR wire is it detachable from the unit (for making an extension cable) worst case scenario can the unit be opened up and the IR and LED connections re-designed.
If tinted windows, it might be a problem as they are designed to dim lights. I would say, put a TV up to the window and see if you can change the channel as a test...
__________________
TV: '17 Ram 2500 Big Horn CCSB CTD 4x4
TT: '18 Wolf Pack Limited 325Pack13
Tow Acc: Andersen Ultimate Hitch 2 goose ball mount, AirLift 5000 bags and HD compressor system
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #227
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
The dark LED at the end of the white wire is the IR sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Remote.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	14886  
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #228
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769
The dark LED at the end of the white wire is the IR sensor.
Was it a ten day ship time for this controller as well Lou?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #229
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Was it a ten day ship time for this controller as well Lou?
Not here yet, but I am assuming it will take a similar amount of time.
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #230
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769

Not here yet, but I am assuming it will take a similar amount of time.
Finally won a bid on one late last night.
4.68 shipped! How can u go wrong!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #231
Senior Member
 
papap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 747
Got my lights in today. Can not wait to see how they look at night.
__________________
2016 Forester 3171DS
Work 28 and 28 around the world.
Camp every chance we get

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #232
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by papap
Got my lights in today. Can not wait to see how they look at night.
So now that u have ur lights did ya order the upgraded remote?!
:ROFLBLACK:
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #233
Senior Member
 
papap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 747
Not yet. LOL
__________________
2016 Forester 3171DS
Work 28 and 28 around the world.
Camp every chance we get

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #234
Senior Member
 
crushor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 229
Alright, you guys are killing me. By looking at my signature block you will notice that I am a car junkie, and none of them have been left alone. I absolutely MUST install these LEDs on my CC. Aside from eBay, where else are these strip lights available?
__________________
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Harley-Davidson Powerstroke
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback - 35 LRLBS
(2012 -11) (2013 - 10 so far)
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #235
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushor
Alright, you guys are killing me. By looking at my signature block you will notice that I am a car junkie, and none of them have been left alone. I absolutely MUST install these LEDs on my CC. Aside from eBay, where else are these strip lights available?
Amazon
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #236
Senior Member
 
crushor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 229
Thank you! (darn new toys.......)
__________________
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Harley-Davidson Powerstroke
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback - 35 LRLBS
(2012 -11) (2013 - 10 so far)
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #237
Senior Member
 
Rebel702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 355
I order my set with the 44 IR controller. Here is the link from ebay. $32.99
5M Waterproof RGB 5050 LED Strip + 44 IR Remote Controller + Power Supply | eBay
__________________
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #238
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushor
Thank you! (darn new toys.......)
We are all victims
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #239
Senior Member
 
miatared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 708
Now that we've beaten this horse to death, I guess we now only need a comprehensive itemized list of all 44 functions...
__________________
Denis & Diane
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #240
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared
Now that we've beaten this horse to death, I guess we now only need a comprehensive itemized list of all 44 functions...
The herkaberry will be smokin when that list is compiled
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.