Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #1221
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk Mom View Post
We are Top Rated Sellers on ebay and frequently help buyers with getting merchandise to them when other sellers won't ship to them. Let me know if you need help.
Jill, tell us how to see your stuff on Ebay. I, like others, buy stuff all the time off Ebay. If you have something I need, I would be happy to patronize a fellow FROG.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

I doubled my lights.
Wow, those have got to be pretty bright Herk! Why the double strip? Do you run them off them same controller or did you split them to get 2 different color strands going?
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #1223

Micro-Switch

Need a micro switch..where can I find a couple for my projects?

QUOTE=OldCoot;369442]I used a set in the pantry and threaded it around to the bottoms of the shelves and put a microswitch on the door.[/QUOTE]
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #1224
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post

QUOTE=OldCoot;369442]I used a set in the pantry and threaded it around to the bottoms of the shelves and put a microswitch on the door.
[/QUOTE]

Grainger.com

Mini micro switch
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Jill, tell us how to see your stuff on Ebay. I, like others, buy stuff all the time off Ebay. If you have something I need, I would be happy to patronize a fellow FROG.
That's really sweet, but I didn't come here to push my wares. I'll send you a PM.
1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 31Q

Tonk Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #1226

Quote:
That's really sweet, but I didn't come here to push my wares. I'll send you a PM.
Drop me a PM too please
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #1227

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post

QUOTE=OldCoot;369442]I used a set in the pantry and threaded it around to the bottoms of the shelves and put a microswitch on the door.
I was going to try this iSensor Universal Proximity Switch for my wardrobe and pantry LED mods. I am pretty sure it would work.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:48 AM   #1228
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
I was going to try this iSensor Universal Proximity Switch for my wardrobe and pantry LED mods. I am pretty sure it would work.
crunchman
These are a lot cheaper.

10pcs Roller Lever Arm Micro Switches AC 250V HV 156 1C25 Brand New | eBay
Old 05-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #1229
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Found this tape. 3M double sided 1/2", 13 yards. I like it because you do not have to cut.

3M Outdoor Insulator Film Mounting Tape, .5-Inch by 13.8-Yard (2175C) - Amazon.com
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #1230
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I used a set in the pantry and threaded it around to the bottoms of the shelves and put a microswitch on the door.

OC, what did you use to mount the switch. Brackets? Homemade or bought.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #1231
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Wow, those have got to be pretty bright Herk! Why the double strip? Do you run them off them same controller or did you split them to get 2 different color strands going?
At night and full brightness they make quite a statement or light up the area under the awning bright enough to read by.

At night, I normally orange/dim them but they are still bright enough to let the dog out when she needs a pre-bed pit stop.

They are paralleled off the same controller. Just tied both sets of color coded wires together and hooked them to a 4 wire Telephone cable to run down the awn and into the basement to the controller.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #1232

Hey

Got my LED lights and controller now to figure out how to tackle them. I plan on 2-way tape up on the exterior wall below the awning which is power. I received with my lights the adapter to plug into 110v power. I wanted to run them into my porch light which is 12volt. I looked through dozens of pages but could not find it......someone had a plug or connector to wire the LED lights into 12v...help..!

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #1233

DC Plug

check with your local radio shack..think mine we like two bucks..you get two in the package...very small wiring..so be careful when soildering your wires to the terminals..I did hook my lights up to my outside door light...will take a photo tomorrow..pretty straight forward..nice having the switch on the inside..use my like a porch lite..

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Hey

Got my LED lights and controller now to figure out how to tackle them. I plan on 2-way tape up on the exterior wall below the awning which is power. I received with my lights the adapter to plug into 110v power. I wanted to run them into my porch light which is 12volt. I looked through dozens of pages but could not find it......someone had a plug or connector to wire the LED lights into 12v...help..!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4280050.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	29956  
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #1234
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Hey

If you are not going to use the 110V adapter, you already have the plug that you need. Just cut the AC Adapter Output wires and use that plug. Just be sure to check which wire is for the Center Pin (+12V).

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #1235

Quote:
Hey

Hi,
This is what I had used. Easy, no soldering required. Just tighten down the wires and plug it into the controller.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #1236
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
OC, what did you use to mount the switch. Brackets? Homemade or bought.
Homemade out of a pc of scrap alum.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
If you are not going to use the 110V adapter, you already have the plug that you need. Just cut the AC Adapter Output wires and use that plug. Just be sure to check which wire is for the Center Pin (+12V).

RodeoGeorge
Where is your write up and photos? I looked at your mod page and did not see it.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #1238
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Where is your write up and photos? I looked at your mod page and did not see it.
I did not do a write up and post pictures on the Awning LED Installations since Herk, Turbo, and several others covered that modification in such detail.

I'd be glad to answer any questions that you might have though.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #1239

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
I did not do a write up and post pictures on the Awning LED Installations since Herk, Turbo, and several others covered that modification in such detail.

I'd be glad to answer any questions that you might have though.

RodeoGeorge
Oh, okay, thanks for responding.

I was hoping to get all the instructions in one area so my husband doesn't have to read through all of these pages. I'll go find their instructions and make a compilation. We are going to try to do the LED this weekend. I've been reading them all, but being a girl without any technical skill at all, I am not retaining the information and want to tell my husband the best way to do this. It looks like most like the LED's plugged into the porch light so you can use the switch inside. Then there is the matter of the remove which I guess can can anywhere.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #1240

Porch Light

I did post a thread on hooking up to the porch lite...here is a photo that shoes what I did:
Remove the light assembly from the side of the r/v...take the wire connectors off, they cannot be used again..get a new pair...take your DC wires from the transmitter and hook them up to the porch wires..replace the outside light base back on the RV..the transmitter will be housed inside the light base with the amber cover over it...the wiring that goes to the string that has the plug must run through the light base...cut a hole large enough for the square plug to pass through..plug it into the light string..wrapped the plus with a good tape...the antenna wire will come through another hole in the bottom of the light assy...both of the holes that you have cut will have to be caulked back closed with a good exterior silicone caulk..I used a white...purchase six tie wrap anchors that have sticky back..place them between the lite string and the light assembly..purchase a package of 3/8" white flexible wire cover loom...cut it to lenght, place the wire and plug inside this..ty wrap that to the ty-wrap anchor pads..the other wire for the antenna is done the same way...make sure the little round looking globe faces out as that controller must see it..
Here is a photo taken from a distance..you can see and get the idea...check back if you have any problems..do not put your bulb back in the outside light...will get to hot for the transmitter that will be in there:

Quote:
Oh, okay, thanks for responding.

I was hoping to get all the instructions in one area so my husband doesn't have to read through all of these pages. I'll go find their instructions and make a compilation. We are going to try to do the LED this weekend. I've been reading them all, but being a girl without any technical skill at all, I am not retaining the information and want to tell my husband the best way to do this. It looks like most like the LED's plugged into the porch light so you can use the switch inside. Then there is the matter of the remove which I guess can can anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4280050.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	30014  
1985 S-10 One Owner:

Tags
awning, led pad