RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #1301
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
After you cut the LED's to the length you require, some folks try to use them in other places by soilering the ends...here is a much easier way and it looks nice too...
I'm anti-solder... Where do you get these clips?
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #1302
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm anti-solder... Where do you get these clips?
Here you go:
For RGB 5050 LED LED PCB Connector adapter 4-Pin No soldering 10mm for 5050 LED RGB Strip | eBay

For single color: 5050 10mm Connector LED PCB Connector Adapter 5050 Single Color LED Strip 2 Pins | eBay
crunchman
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #1303
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-10mm-2...-/121079701660
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #1304
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 43
Just wondering if anyone has installed lights below the awning on a Georgetown XL 378 with a power awning? If you have, where did you pull the power from?
Thanks
__________________
Marty
2007 Georgetown XL 378
"EZE-TOW" Dolly
2010 Toyota Prius
mkaminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #1305
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Love the lights

I really liked how the lights looked on your awning. It really added a nice touch. I like the different type of lighting.
SugarhouseAwning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #1306
Senior Member
 
Taylorgso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 775
When all else fails, I turn to a product called "Amazing Goop" - works when 3M tape, or two-side velcro does not - just follow directions. Comes in several different colors - buy the one in the blue tube! This stuff hardens rock hard - I've used it to bond attachments to dashboards on several cars - it has never released from any of them. Removes with Acetone. Stuff is generally available at home supply stores, or at Advance, Autozone, etc. You can also use it to bond velcro to those surfaces - use the non-stick velcro, though.
__________________
Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks 4-down)
Greensboro, NC
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #1307
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
When all else fails, I turn to a product called "Amazing Goop" - works when 3M tape, or two-side velcro does not - just follow directions.
X2. Pulled my hair out fighting with various sticky-tape products. Then I found Amazing Goop. My first application is still holding strong after 13 years (in the Texas heat).
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #1308
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 43
Does anyone know if these can be cut to length?

5M 5050 RGB Dream Color 6803 IC LED Strip Light Waterproof 133 Change RF Rmote | eBay
__________________
Marty
2007 Georgetown XL 378
"EZE-TOW" Dolly
2010 Toyota Prius
mkaminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #1309
Senior Member
 
PHS79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
Looking at the one picture on the bottom, yes it has the cut/split points in the strip.
__________________
TT-2013 Passport 3220BH
TV-2004 F150 FX4, not exactly stock...
nights camped:
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
PHS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #1310
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 69
Which lights have White???

I have gone through two sets of lights that I bought on Amazon. Both sets had white lights and they were held on to the awning bar with the double sided tape. Unfortuneately, both sets died after only a few weeks. So I then ordered the lights that everyone seems to be getting on Ebay. I was hoping to just be able to slide them into the awning track without using the double sided tape-and I was hoping for white lights. Well, my lights came today. It says white on the remote-but there is no white. I am hoping that of all you folks out there that have raved about these lights-which ones have a WHITE light setting and can just be slid into the awning rail track? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
dec1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #1311
Senior Member
 
Tonk Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 241
Do most people put the LEDS on close to the RV or on the part of the awning under the frindge at its full extension?
__________________
Jill
**************************
Jill and Ed and the kitties
1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 31Q

Tonk Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #1312
Senior Member
 
campfirefun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 177
I put ours on the roller. At the outside edge
campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #1313
Senior Member
 
JohnF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 647
Here are the lights I purchased.

5M 3528 RGB Waterproof Flexible Strip 300 LED 44 Key IR Remote Power Supply | eBay

White on the control will light all the lights giving you a white light. It won't look white when you look at the strip but it will be a white light produced.

I had several people stop and ask about my lights while camping at a state park this weekend. They are cool!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07900.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	31602   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07897.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	31603  
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #1314
Owner/Operator
 
RodeoGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1952 View Post
I have gone through two sets of lights that I bought on Amazon. Both sets had white lights and they were held on to the awning bar with the double sided tape. Unfortuneately, both sets died after only a few weeks. So I then ordered the lights that everyone seems to be getting on Ebay. I was hoping to just be able to slide them into the awning track without using the double sided tape-and I was hoping for white lights. Well, my lights came today. It says white on the remote-but there is no white. I am hoping that of all you folks out there that have raved about these lights-which ones have a WHITE light setting and can just be slid into the awning rail track? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
What color do you get when you select WHITE?

Can you get all three primary colors (Red, Blue, Green)?

This CAN indicate whether it is a controller issue, or an open circuit between the controller and the Light String.

RodeoGeorge
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8289WS
Mods: Central Vac, PI EMS-HW50C, 2025RV, (2) SCS225 Trojans, PD9260, Awning Remotes & LED Lights, Eliminators, External Water Filter,, Intellijacks
2008 RAM 3500 Cab&Chassis Hauler Bed, B&W Companion Hitch
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #1315
Phat Phrog
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,851
Gosh I feel for everyone who finds this thread, and falls in love with the LED awning light mods!! There is so much to read, and seems easier to just ask the questions again that you need! That is what is so great about this thread!! These questions have been asked so many times, and the amazing FROGs love to teach and give you options! I too have the LED strip lights and have it on my DH To Do List...thank you hun!!! Since he doesn't actually chat on this forum, I am the one repeating all the various ways you can install these lights! My fav...and I am pretty sure I can sweet talk him into it....I'm just sayin.....is to install them along that trim on the wall of the rig and the awning. This way I can turn on the lights even when my awning is retracted!! I also prefer them to be wired via the step light, so that I can turn them on using the light switch inside the rig when I want them on. This allows me to turn on the outside porch lights when needed without having to turn on the LED awning lights! Oh and hun.....I would love it if you could use any leftover sections of the LED lights to light up the underside of my front porch steps!!

I love to see pics and hear campers reactions to them....so please keep posting!! Oh and one day soon when my 'List' is next...I will show pics too!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 LTZ - named Betty
RV: 2017 Columbus 366RL - named Karenís Camper
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #1316
Senior Member
 
JohnF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 647
I get all the primary colors when I select white. There are no white L.E.D.s on the string.
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #1317
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Gosh I feel for everyone who finds this thread, and falls in love with the LED awning light mods!! There is so much to read, and seems easier to just ask the questions again that you need! That is what is so great about this thread!! These questions have been asked so many times, and the amazing FROGs love to teach and give you options! I too have the LED strip lights and have it on my DH To Do List...thank you hun!!! Since he doesn't actually chat on this forum, I am the one repeating all the various ways you can install these lights! My fav...and I am pretty sure I can sweet talk him into it....I'm just sayin.....is to install them along that trim on the wall of the rig and the awning. This way I can turn on the lights even when my awning is retracted!! I also prefer them to be wired via the step light, so that I can turn them on using the light switch inside the rig when I want them on. This allows me to turn on the outside porch lights when needed without having to turn on the LED awning lights! Oh and hun.....I would love it if you could use any leftover sections of the LED lights to light up the underside of my front porch steps!!

I love to see pics and hear campers reactions to them....so please keep posting!! Oh and one day soon when my 'List' is next...I will show pics too!
Power the awning lights from the porch light switch with the dusk to dawn eye and the step lights on the step light switch.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #1318
Senior Member
 
JohnF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 647
One negative I discovered with the L.E.D. lights this past weekend. They attract bugs! I turn them off about an hour before retiring and leave my amber porch light on for the night.
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #1319
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
I get all the primary colors when I select white. There are no white L.E.D.s on the string.
You are correct. There are no white LEDs.
When the three colors are on at the same time, it makes white.
When all the colors are off; it makes black.
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #1320
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
...When all the colors are off; it makes black.
And THAT brilliant, unknown information, ladies and gentlemen, is from a retired AF pilot!

Sorry Lou, just couldn't resist!
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.