Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #1441
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Only problem with the doubled up light strip is if there are two campers facing each other it could attract aircraft at night!

DEET does not repel Cessnas.
Very good.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #1442
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Buddys View Post
Just installed a second set, did order the 2nd one late at night and it was the wrong one! Will use one set (3528) for the outside kitchen and the 3rd set under the awning to match the 5050. Yes, had to order a 3rd set!

Long trip next week, so the lights (3m tape) will be tested on the road. (7hrs trip)
I love how you have it going down the entire side!! Looks great!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
I love how you have it going down the entire side!! Looks great!
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130619_195156.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	33880   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130619_195659.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	33881  
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adony View Post
After digesting all of the information on this forum, I finished my finished the insdatllation of the light strip on my TT... I opted to install a dummy light fixture on the side of the trailer to use as a electronics box to hold the IR Sensor / receiver. Just before I attached the light strip with 2 sided tape I tested everything and it was a GO!.. I carefully attached the light strip being cautious not to bend or twist it in any way.. Once installed, I turned things on, and everything still worked OK with the exception of when I selected full GREEN when a small segment failed to light (less than 2 inches).. when other colors or shades were selected with the remote, these very same LEDs came on with the color selected and looked normal.. ONLY DARK GREEN WON'T ILLUMINATE... If it is something simple that I can fix, I will, BUT since everything else works fine, I won't hassle trying to undo the 3-m tape job that holds it up.. I have attached a picture of my Junction Box/Dummy Light and a picture of the light strip on GREEN... Any ideas or should I just carry on smartly and avoid Green?

Looks good. I see on a separate post you fixed your dead light issue.

What did you use to cover your wires going up the wall?
I would like to do something similar.

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #1445

Well the camper lights are really cool and I love the brick driveway. Did u connect to together at the awning strut?
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #1446

Just a friendly inquiry, Can someone assist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinchuwus View Post
First off, kudos and thank you to everyone, (especially Herk) on this thread for your ideas and assistance, I have actually read this thread from start to finish prior to doing my camper and helping my buddy out. We did however run into a problem and I'm not sure if its similar to WarMovies issue, so here it goes. We are running our LEDs up the right side of the awning support next to the trailer, make the 90 onto the awning support at the top, make the next 90 and go down the left awning support. In order to do this we've had to splice two LED strips together using the LED Connector Box mentioned earlier in this thread. (BTW works like a champ!!!) The frist strand of LEDs lights up perfectly in all colors, the second strand of lights lights up perfectly in blue and red, however in white, pink and green we see sporadically different colors throughout the strand. I've attached a picture of the white as its the best to see what I'm describing.

These are the lights that we purchased: Waterproof LED Strand

Any help would be appreciated.
Just a friendly inquiry, has anyone seen this happen before?

Thank you for your assistance in advance.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #1447

Thanks Wagon52, I'm new to this site so just ran across your solution to awening lights. I am ordering me a set now. Did you have to adhere the lights in the channel or do they stay in pretty good by just sliding them in?

TopGunz
SW Missouri
2013 Columbus 340RK
2011 Ford F350 DRW
King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
TopGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #1448
CRZ

Just slide or push them into the slot.
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #1449

What is everyone using to install lights to your awning or camper? I tried heavy duty outdoor dbl sided tape that sticks well to everything except the silicone casing the lights are in. The size of lights do not allow me to slide in the grove of Awning. I like how a few of you guys installed on the camper right where the awning attaches to the camper,But cant get mine to stay. PLEASE HELP.
David WAWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #1450
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by David WAWA View Post
What is everyone using to install lights to your awning or camper? I tried heavy duty outdoor dbl sided tape that sticks well to everything except the silicone casing the lights are in. The size of lights do not allow me to slide in the grove of Awning. I like how a few of you guys installed on the camper right where the awning attaches to the camper,But cant get mine to stay. PLEASE HELP.
I wiped the rail down with alcohol and used 3m outdoor double sided tape. The lights came with 3m tape on them that didn't stick very good until I used the 3m tape on the rail.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #1451

What did you use to install the lights to the camper??
Old 07-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1452
Mod free 5er

Quote:
See post 1450, 3m outdoor double sided tape.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #1453

Quote:
This:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	35508  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #1454

Thats what I tried and it sticks well to the camper but the weight of the lights pulls it right off as I put it up. The tape doesn't seam to stick to the Silicone casing.????
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #1455
Mod free 5er

Wipe the lights down with acetone or alcohol.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #1456

Did that also will try again tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #1457

Mine are holding good. (3m tape)
Maybe other's can help you with any suggestions.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #1458

10M RGB 5050 Waterproof LED Strips 30leds M TW Outputs 44Key IR Remote 5A Power | eBay

I bought the 110v version just to make sure how I was going to run them. I ended up running them off of 12v. Didn't cost me anymore to buy the 110v, but I had the converter just in case I went that route.

16 4ft 5M Extension Cable Connect 4PINS Plug LED Strip Lights RGB5050 3528 Link | eBay

All together we are in for about $65. We ran a 16' strand along the camper in the track where the awning attaches. I went redneck style and Loctite (blue bottle in the glue/hardware section at Walmart) glued them. After they were up and dried, I tried pulling them off to see how hard they were to get off. They didn't fall right off, but they were not permanently attached to where I couldn't get them off if needed. We drove 70 mph all the way home and they never budged.

I ran a 16' strand on the awning roller. The led strand adhesive that was on the strand worked well on the roller. If need be, I can Loctite them also. It rolls right up in the awning when its retracted. I like the fact that I can move the position of the roller in or out a little and it will direct the led lighting wherever I need it. Closer to the camper or further out past the camper.

I also bought waterproof connectors to replace the pin connectors. When they are wired together all I have to do is disconnect the connector at the awning (so it won't roll up ad get cut) and we are done.

White 5XSETS Waterproof 4pin Female Male Connector Cable 5050 3528 RGB LED Strip | eBay

I ran everything clean and hidden. Looks like it was intended to be there. We received several compliments at the campgrounds this weekend.
madhattr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #1459

to David WAWA

If you have the Dream led's in the silicone sleeve the 3M tape will not stick to it. I know..... I went through that too.

SOLUTION: Lay out your light strip wrong side up. Cut your 3M tape in two or three foot sections. Whatever feels manageable. Run a bead of clear silicone caulking on the silicone casing of the light strip. Peel off one side of the 3M tape and press into the caulking. Repeat to end of strip. Leave the strip to set up for at least 24 hours. THEN take it out to the camper. Wipe the side where you want it to stick with alcohol or acetone. Peel backing off the other side of the 3m strip and stick to camper. I also put a bit of extra silicone at each end then taped the ends in place. After a few weeks I removed the tape.

We did a 2,000 km trip in June and the strip is still securely in place.
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietTimes View Post
If you have the Dream led's in the silicone sleeve the 3M tape will not stick to it. I know..... I went through that too.

SOLUTION: Lay out your light strip wrong side up. Cut your 3M tape in two or three foot sections. Whatever feels manageable. Run a bead of clear silicone caulking on the silicone casing of the light strip. Peel off one side of the 3M tape and press into the caulking. Repeat to end of strip. Leave the strip to set up for at least 24 hours. THEN take it out to the camper. Wipe the side where you want it to stick with alcohol or acetone. Peel backing off the other side of the 3m strip and stick to camper. I also put a bit of extra silicone at each end then taped the ends in place. After a few weeks I removed the tape.

We did a 2,000 km trip in June and the strip is still securely in place.
Great tip on the dream led's,
thanks!
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led pad