Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #1

Nautilus retractable shower door for FSX 178BHSK

Will be installing one of these doors this season. The square corner version. Has anyone else installed one? If so, any advice, gotchas, etc? Also, in addition to parts and materials included with the door, what else should I have ready on hand when I start the installation? Specific best brand of water seal/caulk, other sealants? Thank you.
JoeInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #2

Done.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:23 PM   #3

Nice job.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:48 AM   #4

Nautilus retractable shower door for FSX 178BHSK

Looks great! Does it swing in or out?
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #5

It retracts into the wider vertical frame portion (toilet wall side) like an old window roller blind. When closed, the leading end clips into a catch on the opposite vertical frame rail. Built in squeegee on the retraction side cleans off water as it spools in, and screen is made of some kind of anti-bacterial material.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeInPA View Post
It retracts into the wider vertical frame portion (toilet wall side) like an old window roller blind. When closed, the leading end clips into a catch on the opposite vertical frame rail. Built in squeegee on the retraction side cleans off water as it spools in, and screen is made of some kind of anti-bacterial material.

Man that’s pretty awesome, I might have to do this.. thanks Joe.
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjohns71 View Post
Man that’s pretty awesome, I might have to do this.. thanks Joe.
An easy one-man job. Sorta nice to have a second person to press and hold the bottom of the vertical rails while you make sure the top is straight and level before affixing to the shower walls. We have only dry tested it so far. Will give it a full workout soon. The same reason we changed from the shower curtain (it sucks in against you when showering) cuts the other way with this door in our model of camper’s small shower pan - with the shower curtain, if you need more elbow room, you can push outward a little against the curtain. I’m a big fat guy so that extra cheat width is handy, but I think standing diagonally will give that extra distance. Overall, not having the loose curtain fabric suck in against your soapy body because the roof vent is drawing air up and out is worth the slight difference in elbow room (in my opinion).
JoeInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:11 AM   #8

Door works. Obviously, lots of sealant is your friend. Not gonna lie - if you are fat, it’s a tight fit in there. I am, and it is.

Tags
door, show, shower