Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #21

Hi Jeeplj8. Here is what we did. My wife bought a memory foam that was too long so we took a long bladed knife (very sharp) and cut 6" off the end. She loves it and it does not extend past the plywood. Can't do that with an inner spring
Regards, Al
Al Fiallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #22

I recently replaced the mattress in my travel trailer with one I bought off eBay it's every bit as nice as the one I have in the house which cost a lot more. Copy and paste the link below you'll see what we bought. At the time they didn't have the 8 inch in stock so they sent out the 10" for the same price. Like the fellow said before make sure you put it where it goes before you open it up. This puppy is heavy.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=111246250933
Jeepmlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:22 PM   #23

Our flagstaff came with a serta mattress, it sucked. So we went to Cosco and got a 4" memory foam topper and cut about 5 inches off the end to make it the same size as the mattress also we got the mattress topper at Cosco and now its better than our beauty rest at home

07 Silverado Classic 2500 HD
15 Flagstaff 26fkws Emerald Edition
RiverPeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #24

Sorry to hi-jack this thread. I need a RV Short King (72x75). Going to the Amazon link on posted on #7 by justshootem, they do show an RV Short King but the measurements is 72x80 which is an RV King ... not an RV "Short" King. I see no number or no way to contact this vendor to inquire about a "short" king ... do any of you see a way to contact the vendor?
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #25

I have bought three 10" memory foam mattresses on Ebay and all were great. Two were short queen and one regular. Don't remember which company but one swears theirs is made in USA. I believe i bought from them. Never a problem.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #26

Just an update to my earlier comment (post #24), I was able to find a website for the Brentwood Mattress and was able to sent them a message and ask about a RV Short King. www.brentwoodhome.com and their email is support@brentwoodhome.com. I did get a reply and they do not have the Short Kind 72x75 ... so I'll have to keep looking or perhaps cut the regular RV king (72x80) down to size. Cutting (as Al Fiallos indicates) kind of makes me nervous on getting a straight cut and what to do with the extra mattress cover. Thanks jeeplj8 for starting this thread ...
Old 06-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #27

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=141272163462

12" Short KING RV Cool GEL Memory Foam Mattress for RV, Camper W76"xL75"xH12"

Good luck finding bedding this is a odd size!
Jeepmlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #28

Thanks Jeepmlc ... I'll have to measure to see if 12" might be too high as needs to move under the closets on the opposite side. However, I did send this vendor a message and asked if they had mattresses in the 72x75 RV short king, and they replied that they don't. Still looking ... thanks again.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #29

If you have to cut a foam topper - draw a straight line first & then use an electric knife - worked great. Don't know if it would work on a mattress

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #30

We bought a gel foam from big lots for 40 or so works real well. We have the bed slide out the back and it folds and unfolds very easy. Saved our backs. And the cats love it too!
UK Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #31

I bought a memory foam mattress after reading reviews online on various forums. Best purchase I made so far. I've had our for a year and its been great, they have all rv sizes and densities. Made in USA too!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/foammattress...72.m2749.l2654
willp07 is offline   Reply With Quote