Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2018, 09:22 PM   #1

New built in storage for 273QBXL

After booking a week stay in Colorado Springs this summer, the DW and I realized our new camper has less storage than we realized. So I set off on a mission to make use of what space is available. I decided to build some roll out drawers for the dinette bench storage and a pantry shelf to compliment the existing pantry. The pantry door still needs another coat of stain and some poly, but so far we are pleased with the match. The color is much closer than the picture shows. Finally we are going to replace the fridge with probably the Insignia fridge from Best Buy. It has favorable reviews, glass shelves, and led lighting. So far I'm only in to it for about $200 and a days work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	162970   Click image for larger version

Name:	file-5.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	162971   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	162972   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	162973   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	162974  

Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #2

That really looks good. You will always enjoy more storage. I built some spice racks for the kitchen area for DW. In order to keep the jars/tins/containers in place you can use some kayak clips and 1/4” bungee cord to create a tension on them and restrict them to the assigned spot.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #3

Very nice! What kind of a slider system did you use for the door?
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #4

Just used 24" full extension drawer sliders from Lowes. One on top and one on the bottom. Rated at 100 lbs, but the door probably only was about 20 lbs.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #5

Added Storage

After I "improved" the storage on my TT, I talked to a factory representative. Interesting discussion....he said the reason they don't put more shelves i those high cupboards and big drawers is that it encourages the owner to carry more things in the trailer. That adds weight, and can easily cause the trailer to be over its gross limits! Especially true on the light weight units. Wow! I thnk I may be"overweight". OHHH...it was a Wildwood.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #6

I agree with the urge to want to pack more stuff. But I would be afraid to load up the shelves and have something break in transport. Fortunately most places we go there is a Wal-Mart or equivalent within a 1/2 hour. So we will just buy all our supplies en route and leave in the truck until we arrive. Plus for our normal weekend trips, the camper has ample "storage" for what we travel with, its just way to unorganized to feel efficient.

Tags
storage