Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

New Compressor for TV

Just added a compressor to my TV for my Firestone Bags. Took about 2 hours to run the lines and wire it in but it sure is nice to just push a button and raise/lower the truck! It was always a little aggravating to hunt down my little portable compressor and fill up the bags while packing up. Its also nice to make adjustments while rolling down the road. There have been a few times when I wanted to dump a little air because of road conditions but stopping to do so was always next to impossible. If anyone is thinking of adding one I'd definitely recommend it. Straight forward install (I do recommend running the truck through the car wash first!)
Tblackmon9599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #2

In the back of my head, I am still thinking about this. Currently I just use a bike pump to air mine up when needed, but like you say it would be nice to hit a button while moving to adjust. I have seen some wireless setup, but they look pricey. My only hesitation with running a regular switch in the cab is running the extra air line in...I guess it wouldn't be that bad.
What compressor did you use?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #3

I used Firestone WR17602097 Air Rite Level Command. $296.30 at Amazon. If you already have the bags installed its a piece of cake. I installed mine on the passenger side frame to avoid the fuel lines on driver side. I also got the mounting bracket to make installing a little easier but could havecgotten by without it.

thought about leaving the old manual fills hooked up just "in case" but I ran a little short on the air hose they sent. I could have re-run the lines but I was too lazy! I'll get a little more tubing at some point and T back into it.

I don't think you'll regret it if you decide to do it. If I can install one with my limited mechanical knowledge anyone can!

BTW, I just used one of the grommets in the dash area for the line(s). Easy enough.
Tblackmon9599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #4

if I had the extra money I would install a pump from airlift. but as for mow I am pulling apart a roadside 12v pump I have and going to fab up something to work all I need is a checkvalve

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote