Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #1

New Mattress

Hi. We are the proud owners of a 2008 Surveyor Sport SP-186. The previous owner had installed an Aerobed, which if fully inflated, tried to pop out of the space allotted! We bought a Walmart 6 inch memory foam mattress. This was about 6 inches too long, so I smashed it between two 2X4s and cut it with a bread knife, worked great! This mattress was really comfortable and not too pricey as memory foam goes (actually has about 2" of memory foam over stiffer foam).
richdonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
carl.net

I just bought the same mattress (sitting in the delivery box right ow). Glad to hear it is comfortable because the bed that came with my TT is pretty bad.
carl.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Hey Y'all..

We too have an Aerobed. Replaced the mattress that came with our new toy hauler. I think we slept on the original mattress only a couple of times and decided it HAD to go!

A new regular innerspring replacement mattress was just top expensive at the time...so Aerobed it is.

Sleeps pretty well....however had to have Aerobed to send a replacement because it was leaking air. So we have a brand new bed... and will use it on our next outing. We do not have a foam mattress topper ...buit we are looking for an electric heated mattress pad.

We will at some point purchase a innerspring mattress...going to get Original Mattress Factory make us one. We sleep on one every night ( when we are not camping).

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #4

I purchased one a year or so ago from Ebay, paid $290 delivered was great replacement for the cheap ones that can come in a RV.
Happy Camping!!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Yepper, the beds are pretty bad. We replaced ours with a customized size from The Original Mattress Factory.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #6

After going through three Aerobeds that each developed leaks in the pumping and valving mechanism after a couples of months, we gave up and switched to a conventional mattress with the memory foam topper. We have a heated mattress pad on it and it's real cozy now.
doctort44 is offline   Reply With Quote