Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #1

New MorRyde Pinbox

In process of getting our Wildcat ready for a spring break trip with the kids. I have been tinkering with small mods over the WI winter and finally decided to upgrade our pin box from the crappy stock one. Honestly trailer pulls well with my truck but just wanted some additional cushion on the long trips so I settled on the more affordable MorRyde as opposed to the more expensive air options.

Pinbox came in and looks fine and way more heavy duty then the stock box. Here is where my forest river bashing begins. My fiver is exactly one year old and I have already upgraded more then I care to report as well as cleaned up and fixed stuff. I don't mind and most are easy fixes or mods to make us more comfortable and safe on the road.

After pulling the old box out I quickly discovered how crappy the paint was on the box mount bracket. I figured I would touch up the paint and put the new one in. I started to scrape some loose paint and quickly had two sides down to bare metal with only a paint scrapper.

Now two coats of primer and still working on finishing painting the damn mount before I can move on. Is it so hard to ask for a paint job that last more then one year. Kicker is my unit is stored inside all year!

Hopefully the rest goes smoothly although I also have to clean up their crappy pin box wiring as well. Rant Over
Old 06-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #2

We are also currently considering upgrading our pin box. I'm unsure whether a pin box or a better hitch would help. The only time I have issues is when traveling across OK when crossing bridges and overpasses on I-40 there is a slight drop off that causes what feels like the pin lifts off the hitch and then slams back home when the trailer clears the same drop.

Ours has the stock Lippert pin box and truck has a 16k Reese slider.

I can live with the little slop on take offs and stops but the bang from the overpasses! OMG!
2017 PP 373QSI

Frog# OK-0063-135
Slyhuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #3

So far really happy with new pin box.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #4

Hi,

I would seriously consider a MorRyde pin box if the daggoned thing wasn't so heavy. I just can't wisely put any more weight in the bed.

Fifty nine minutes out of an hour I don't need one, but that one minute of jolting and jarring sure makes me think...

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #5

Has anyone recently put this box on and noticed a difference in their towing Experience??

I'm debating.

Where best to buy? I will install myself.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount
mekkerlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #6

We replaced the Trail Air with the MorRyde pin box and I can tell you it’s better. We have had it since last June and have towed over five thousand miles so far. For us it has lessened the jerking greatly over the Trail Air.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote