Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #61

Watch "New trailer jack setup for better stability" on YouTube
New trailer jack setup for better stability: https://youtu.be/mzCjsa9kj-k
oilfieldman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #62

In this video I show the process of setting up my jack setup and in the end I also bring down the original electric jacks. There you can see how easy my setup is and with the electric how much longer they take to come down. With the manual jacks you end up in your knees trying to spin the but to extend the jacks. I came up with this setup to avoid all the hassles I was going thru with the other jack setups.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #63
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldman81 View Post
In this video I show the process of setting up my jack setup and in the end I also bring down the original electric jacks. There you can see how easy my setup is and with the electric how much longer they take to come down. With the manual jacks you end up in your knees trying to spin the but to extend the jacks. I came up with this setup to avoid all the hassles I was going thru with the other jack setups.
I have to disagree with the mention that it takes longer to deploy electric jacks.

Your 1 foot jack took 25 seconds to deploy. That means, it's 50 seconds for the pair and the 5-6 seconds to walk around the trailer to the other side.

Your 2 footed electric jack took 40 seconds to deploy. I do have an extra 5-6 seconds for tightening my Steadyfast stabilizer.

--

And with manual jacks on my pop-up, I never ended up on my knees.

--

This may be a better stabilizing product, but you're stretching on the marketing of it. Reminds me of some of the made-for-TV products. Have you ever struggled with a blanket like the Snuggie commercial shows?

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I have to disagree with the mention that it takes longer to deploy electric jacks.

Your 1 foot jack took 25 seconds to deploy. That means, it's 50 seconds for the pair and the 5-6 seconds to walk around the trailer to the other side.

Your 2 footed electric jack took 40 seconds to deploy. I do have an extra 5-6 seconds for tightening my Steadyfast stabilizer.

--

And with manual jacks on my pop-up, I never ended up on my knees.

--

This may be a better stabilizing product, but you're stretching on the marketing of it. Reminds me of some of the made-for-TV products. Have you ever struggled with a blanket like the Snuggie commercial shows?

You might be right but not all of us live in a perfect world. My electric jacks have sometimes gotten stuck and I have to mess with them in order for them to continue lowering or lifting. The manual jacks well since I have a bad back I do need to get on my knees in order to retract or extend the jacks. Since I can across these problems this is my solution and yes I'm trying to make this idea public so if I'm able to help someone like me well why not right? But thank you for your opinion!!
Old 05-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #65
Mod free 5er

The only problem I see is getting a tube completely across both frame rails to support your jacks with all the stuff on the underbelly.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The only problem I see is getting a tube completely across both frame rails to support your jacks with all the stuff on the underbelly.
The 2 1/2" tube is almost the same size if not smaller of the frame setup of the electrical jacks. I still have the electrical jacks in place so people can see the difference in rigging them up and where they sit when they are setup. Having the setup I designed there's no need for the other jacks.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #67
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldman81 View Post
The 2 1/2" tube is almost the same size if not smaller of the frame setup of the electrical jacks. I still have the electrical jacks in place so people can see the difference in rigging them up and where they sit when they are setup. Having the setup I designed there's no need for the other jacks.
I think your idea has merit, but I have reinforced my jack legs and added homemade JT Stongarms and like the convenience of just standing and pushing a button to lower my jacks. I also have electric reinforced jacks in front of the axles and everything is tucked under the trailer.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I think your idea has merit, but I have reinforced my jack legs and added homemade JT Stongarms and like the convenience of just standing and pushing a button to lower my jacks. I also have electric reinforced jacks in front of the axles and everything is tucked under the trailer.
Took these pics of the bottom of the frame
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150505_174719.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	76248   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150505_174830.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	76249  
Old 05-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #69
Mod free 5er

Your trailer has an open uncluttered frame, mine is covered and cluttered with various things running down the bottom of the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00208.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	76252   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00209.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	76253   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00210.JPG
Views:	151