Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2022, 03:18 PM   #1

NOBO 19.1 Toy Hauler Vessel Sink Upgrade

This was a very easy upgrade. Probably didn't take but a couple of hours if you have all the parts and glues.

Here is a parts list Amazon links:

Kartell Bathroom Vessel Sink Faucet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099J2VQCP...roduct_details

---------------------------------------

16" x 12" Ceramic Over Counter Vessel Sink

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FRHWS7M...t_details&th=1

---------------------------------------------

1 1/2 " Bathroom Vessel Vanity Sink Pop up drain and down tube, brushed nickel

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B5PGA6...roduct_details

--------------------------------------------

1/2" to 3/8 brass reducers for compressions fittings and PEX pipe

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098X51D5Y...roduct_details

-----------------------------------------------------

1 1/4 inch lavatory bendable extension tube

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BODTH6...roduct_details

Run out the water, and turn off pump, and remove the sink and the faucet, everything unscrews by hand practically, wing nuts mostly, and clean the counter top really well. I used a plastic scraper and 91% alcohol to get all the old silicone off. Also you will want to run a bead of silicone along the back edge where the wallpaper meets the countertop prior to doing this because the sink will hide that spot later on, so water going behind the sink, make sure and calk all that first before installing the sink.

Remove the drain down tube, BUT DON'T THROW AWAY THE RUBBER GROMMETS that came with the factory sink drain!

They are oversized and you will need them on the new drain down tube. This might have been an RV thing as the plumbing is someone off sized.

The vessel sink glues with tub caulk right over the existing old sink hole with NO cutting and perfectly covers it with just enough gap in the rear for the tubing, so NO CUTTING was done. Everything matches and bolts right up, if you have the bendable extension I have linked too, which actually the bendable is NOT needed, you could go straight only as everything matches really just that good, however, because I have been getting busted pipes from bouncing down the road now under the sink and the tub, I now put in a bendable or rubber extension right under the drains because thats where it breaks. This bendable extension from Amazon is of really cheap quality, but everything else is very good quality, so you can shop a better one possibly, but this all works.

So install your brass reducers onto the PEX pipe coming out of the floor from your RV supply side. I thread taped everything. You will want to mount the faucet to the sink prior to installing the sink, as you cannot get to the back of the sink very easy after that, but its still accessible and from underneath also.

I used about a half a caulk gun tube of clear 30 year GE silicone to glue the sink down and also I used a ton of it around the faucet main hole when I inserted it, and also Loctite RED on the locking ring screws for the faucet. Having been RVing my whole life, the secret is glue, glue , glue, and more glue, well you guys know.

Works great! Now the sink it way larger, at least 3x the size, so I am not splashing all over the place and it doubles to do dishes or laundry, or whatever in because its now just allot bigger. This faucet is a ratcheting swing faucet and I have never seen these. It clicks 360 degrees if you want and you can click it out of the way. I also offset the faucet handle to the side to also get it out of the way but you could face it forward. It will hit the wall if you go exactly 90 degrees so if you look carefully you will see that I have it something like 85 degrees, the handle is a little forward.

My main complaint, and this is a big one and anyone reading this please do your research and see if you can find a lighter sink. I would have liked to find this sink in fiberglass. That small ceramic sink still weighs 20lbs but the fit was just perfect and I couldn't find this size but in 2 brands. The base cabinet is pretty good. The counter top is actual real plywood and not OSB so I think it will hold up to the bouncing but I plan to watch it carefully and reinforce with 2x2s underneath if I start to see cracking. I have not taken it out on the road yet, but we got a 2k round trip coming up so wish me luck.

Great easy upgrade. Wife loves it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nobo191faucet1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	267985   Click image for larger version

Name:	nobofauciet2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	267986   Click image for larger version

Name:	nobofaucitoffset8.jpg