Old 06-29-2020, 11:11 PM   #41

I added a pair of scissor jacks halfway between the front and rear jacks. It helped our little 26' trailer quite a bit.

No kids with us, but a while back my wife woke me, asking if I was shaking the trailer. We found out the next day about the earthquake a couple of states away.

garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:05 AM   #42

Foam mattress topper on the kid's bed.

Idcruiserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:24 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45RPM View Post
Here's another drawing of the 2x4 set up. I build these for our camper and now for out 5th wheel. They work GREAT! And you can't beat the price!

-Rich
I made a set of these Hillbilly Jacks (as I call them) for my old camper and they worked like a Gem! My old camper was a hybrid that only had 2 rear stabilizer jacks in the rear with the tung jack up front. I put them at the front and the camper was Rock Solid. I would recommend rounding off the corners where the 2x4 touches the ground, that will stop the 2x4 from splitting. I also painted mine with black primer, so you really didn't notice them at all.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:46 AM   #44

Awning shake?

This one out of left field but you have tried so many things. I have a new TT and kept wondering what that shaking was when my stabilizers were down. I looked outside and it turned out to be my awning. It was BARELY blowing in the wind but enough that it was a dull shake that was driving me crazy.
I retracted the awning and no more shake.
Crazy solution but I hope it works for you!
Best of luck.
Kai-fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:11 AM   #45

I bought a set of the EAZ LIFT Telescopic Jacks and they work great. I place one on the passenger side and one on the drivers side, both just in front of the tires. these along with the x-chocks take all of the roll and bounce out. Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/EAZ-LIFT-4886...3515389&sr=8-2
mrarmyaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:40 AM   #46

More Jacks!

Several years ago I posted a Pic of a Windjammer at Ho-Hum Campground on the Fla.Gulf! They had 20 Jacks placed under "Frame/Slides/Bumper/Tongue" and still said they had Movement! I told them they also needed jacks under the Steps to stop the "Diving Board Effect" so off to the jack store they went again! I sure wish I was the Jack Salesman! Youroo!!
Old 06-30-2020, 07:08 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
We've had good luck with this:

SteadyFast: 5th Wheel and RV Trailer Stabilizer

Took most of the shake and bounce out. After adding the Torklift steps it is even better.
Ditto. I have xchocks, the 4 scissor Jack's that came with the camper, and then really noticed a difference with the steadyfast. 2 boys (9 and 12 yo) in a bunkhouse on the other end of a 36 foot travel trailer. Can hardly tell they're there now.
Yamatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:46 AM   #48

These jack stands from Walmart work great. And, they are inexpensive.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Oly...BoC01AQAvD_BwE
pt35cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:05 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
All of the pictures I see for SteadyFast and JT Strongarms are on vertical jacks. Do they fit scissor jacks?s
Sorry, just saw this post. Yes they do. These are what I installed on my Coleman that had scissors jacks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Solidified it greatly, the only real movement was at the door when climbing the stairs. The post with the jack and block of wood would cure it completely. What they really did was cure the side to side movement, which was quite noticeable.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:13 AM   #50

If you take the weight off the suspension, it is like solid ground. I noticed this walking in when i had a side jacked up to remove a tire. I had jacked on the pivot point, not the axel. No weight was on the suspension or tires. Even one side like that I was shocked at how stable.

Weíve done seasonal sites also. First thing i do is throw a block under the suspension pivots. Even without any other stabilizers down, itís solid.

The trick is what to use thats EZ to install. A wood tower could be made. Youíll have to use a jack though to get it up on the blocking. This is effort, but you seem more worried about results. You only need one solid tower on each side near the suspension. You donít have to build cinderblock towers at each corner like a permanently place trailer would have.
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #51

Steadyfast.
hotrod4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:32 AM   #52

Try these
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Olympia.../dp/B000760FWU

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:16 PM   #53

I mounted a pair of scissor jacks to the frame forward of the axles on my 282RKSS. Seems to have eliminated nearly all of the bounce while set up.
Ted Gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #54

I purchased two scissor jacks to try this weekend. If they dont fix it Ill go with strong arms or something similar. Thanks all

Waffen06 is offline   Reply With Quote