Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #21

I see this may be to late, but for future use here is a link to the company that supplies the quick connections for the Forest River line. I was able to purchase a pigtail to connect to the grill I liked and get a 12 foot extension hose to connect it to the RV quick connect. I called them and they were very helpful.

http://www.fairviewfittings.com/

Good Luck, Patrick
PatrickCrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #22

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrotty View Post
here is a link to the company that supplies the quick connections for the Forest River line. I was able to purchase a pigtail to connect to the grill I liked and get a 12 foot extension hose to connect it to the RV quick connect. I called them and they were very helpful.

http://www.fairviewfittings.com/

Good Luck, Patrick
That's great info, Patrick! Someone 'searching' this thread will find it very helpful.
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #23

This is perfect! We bought the Expedition 3X (Camp Chef) stove from Costco before our Memorial Day trip and the first thing that I wanted to do was figure out how to 'convert' it so that I could connect it to the quick connect from the trailer. Sounds like many people are way ahead of me!

Just one question that may sound dumb, but I'd rather be labeled that than try to hook something up and blow myself (and my camper) up! We bought our TT last year, so I haven't had a chance to really figure out the answer to this question, so I will pose it here. Before the TT we had a Fleetwood pop-up. On it, the inside stove was a low pressure stove run through the propane regulator on the trailer. The outside connect was high pressure that by-passed the regulator. I assume from what I am reading on this post that the outside connection on the Forest River TT's are also connected to the low pressure regulator???

The stove I have came with a regulator for when it is attached to a stand alone propane bottle, but from what I am reading here all that I need to do is buy/make a pigtail for connection directly from the stove to the quick connect on the trailer. I'll still do my own investigative work once I get back to the camper --- and before I hook anything up, but any comments from you all would be appreciated!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #24

It is ok to go thru second regulator since it is open for pressure and does not affect the gas comming from your trailer. I do it at home the propane going to house is low pressure regulated from tank to house and I have a valve on main line hooked to my BBQ thru its regulator and it works just fine like I said second regulator makes no difference. and if I want to use tank on BBQ I just hook back to it.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote