Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #1

Pump noise fixed.

I finally solved my noisy pump issues and I wanted to share my experience.

Listen to what is said on this forum and follow it in detail. The details are the killers.

First I added the foam pad under the pump itself. I honestly don't think that helped that much but I did it. I actually used recycled neoprene laptop sleeve so it didn't cost me anything.

Second added the camping world pump silencer kit. It was actually about the same price if I tried to put it together myself. It is only two lengths of flex hose and adapters. Again, for my situation, I don't think it really did anything because my setup was already connected with flex tubing but it didn't have the loops. I think that helped a little.

Third, and in my case, the most important. I wrapped the pipes with foam pipe insulation. I bought both the thinner kind and the thicker insulation. I wrapped every piece I could find. The most important part was where the tubing passed through walls from one compartment to the next. I made sure insulation was between the pipe and plywood. As the pump would pump and the tubing would move the wall would act like an amplifier for the rubbing. If I could see the tubing I wrapped it.

All of this made a HUGE difference. It is not totally silent but it no longer sounds like a 18 wheel truck engine breaking! You can actually hold a conversation while the pump is pumping away. Wife thinks I am a genius! We all know better!

BTW I was at the point of buying a upgraded pump and an accumulator. In all it was going to be $200. For $25 for tubing and $3 for pipe insulation, I would say that is a good deal.

Bianchina3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #2

Thumbs up

Bianchina3, way to go!! In my last htt I basically filled the compartment with house insulation. But the pipe insulation sounds so much better.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:34 AM   #3

My Forest River 2703ws pump made all kinds of noise, opened the compartment and had my wife turn on the water. Simple fix for me as one of the pipes to the pump was resting against the panel that separated the compartment. All I had to do was move the panel back a half inch or so. I do hear the pump but it is 100 percent quieter than before.
pauljackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #4

I've been insulating my pipes since reading this, it made a BIG improvement. There are some pipes close to the pump I couldn't get to, I sure if I could do them it would be really good.

Thanks for posting your solution, it makes life even better!
Old 06-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
dotsonjc

I've been fighting the noise issue when running the pump, and have slowly been adding pipe insulation; however, after reading Bianchina3's post I'll be adding to to every bit of pipe I can see.

Past:
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 22DSX
dotsonjc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump