Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #1

radio exchange

has anyone tried replacing a Jensen radio with a factory ford radio and navigation in an e450 ? I hate the Jensen system that came with my sunseeker but really love my f150 pickups factory radio with navigation and touch screen. was thinking of buying a used radio from a wrecked truck and exchanging. does anyone know what problems I would run into? someone mentioned wire end connecters being wrong. I think pretty simplified , ford to ford should be easy ,right?
gotahavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:18 PM   #2

I have a bit of experience with in dash radios (replacing factory units with aftermarket, etc), but the advice I have is generic in nature. Just about any high end aftermarket radio is going to be better than a Ford factory unit. If you don't like the Jensen user interface, try shopping for another brand that might have the features and controls you prefer. If a Ford unit is still on your list, try Ebay. Many people who replace theirs with aftermarket head units often sell them there.

There are a few companies that sell aftermarket radios and installation kits, to include adapter harnesses that are vehicle specific. Just make sure you know the size of the radio hole you are working with (DIN or Double DIN) and what kind of "system" you currently have to make sure you order what you need. For example, some dash units are "pre-amp" only and require amplification. Others have both amplified and pre-amp outlets included.

Here are two vendors I'm familiar with regarding car audio:
https://www.scosche.com/
https://www.crutchfield.com/
Greywater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio