Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #1

Refrigerator 12 volt exhaust fan

I finally got around to wiring in a more permanent illuminated switch and fused 12 volt exhaust fan. I’ve used a temporary setup like this and achieved good results on a direct sunlit 107 degree day at the lake. This install is in a HW276 pop up with top and bottom ventilation, the fan is installed at the top vent.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8121.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	207865Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8120.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	207866
OttieJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #2

Nice job. Have you considered a Thermo switch to control your fan?
My fridge is in a slide and thus no thru roof exhaust. I have put two exhaust fans in the upper side vent and one intake fan in the lower vent. It's all controlled with a on at 80, off at 65 degree Thermo switch but I am not too happy with the switch. I should have selected a switch with a higher on treshhold.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacxx View Post
Nice job. Have you considered a Thermo switch to control your fan?
My fridge is in a slide and thus no thru roof exhaust. I have put two exhaust fans in the upper side vent and one intake fan in the lower vent. It's all controlled with a on at 80, off at 65 degree Thermo switch but I am not too happy with the switch. I should have selected a switch with a higher on treshhold.

Thanks, I was going to install one with the manual switch but at the last minute decided to wait on the thermo switch. Two reasons; didn’t have one and I’m still researching what the best temp would be for my application. I read online where a guy was selling a kit that included the thermo switch—He includes a 130 degree on switch because he claimed that any lower than that and the fan(s) would cycle on and off continuously so for now I decided just to go with the manual switch.
OttieJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, fan, refrigerator