Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #41

What a stunning transformation!!! You did good..

Please share the source for the bracket for your flip-up table.

I love making improvements to our RV....but funny thing is, I am the one who enjoys using the power tools instead of husband. Had an unfortunate accident in October and lost half of my right thumb to a table saw....….but still love building and improving.
ijensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijensen View Post
Had an unfortunate accident in October and lost half of my right thumb to a table saw....….but still love building and improving.
Wow! Thats what I call dedication to your craft!
Nights Camped 2016- 15, 2017- 30,2018-27, 2019-36 2020-21
ace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijensen View Post
What a stunning transformation!!! You did good..

Please share the source for the bracket for your flip-up table.

I love making improvements to our RV....but funny thing is, I am the one who enjoys using the power tools instead of husband. Had an unfortunate accident in October and lost half of my right thumb to a table saw....….but still love building and improving.
Thanks a million! It's been a fun project; now I have a few scraps of solid surface material, I have a couple other projects for the house that I'd been meaning to get to...

The brackets were original as delivered by FR. I realigned the setup when I reinstalled the flip-up. I didn't see a brand or model while I was working with the setup.

Searching the inner-webs, I find several designs when searching for "Folding Shelf Brackets", where these seem to be the closest to mine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Foldin...-/312431464014

From what found, there's lots of options out there!

I recall my Dad hand-made a pair, but that's a lot of work.... unless you are like my Dad was, you have a lot of spare time & talent on your hands & enjoy creating rather than purchasing.

Speaking of digits and tablesaws, for the first time in 40+ years of running a saw, I lost the side of the tip of my left index finger a couple years ago. I was cutting a piece of MDF (was-wood, 'cause it was wood, now it ain't!) from, of all places, the Sunseeker. It was a blind cut, meaning the blade was encompassed within the material. Because it was MDF, I accidently shoved my finger through the 1/8" side of the board into the teeth just after the kerf. Had it been real wood, it would have been stable. Yes, there's a pic of my cut finger on the 'net, but I leave it to you to go look through my Sunseeker project gallery if you really need to look at a bit of a gory pic. ( 2016 Sunseeker Photo Gallery by BNMac at pbase.com ) They say familiarity breeds complacency, and I'll attest to that. Oddly, after chopping into my finger, I had my wife & daughter bandage me up, I laid down for a few minutes, then got up, headed back out & finished the cut. I certainly pay a lot more attention to what I'm doing since then, but oddly, I thought I was doing the right things before.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #44

Handsoap & toothbrush holder:

Installed:

The clear plastic piece can be removed to clean, and to clean the countertop. We've carried this holder starting with our Pop-top Sunlight pickup camper, then it was moved to the fiver, then the Four Winds, and finally the Sunseeker. I had piece of flimsy wood built in the same style as this, but figured I'd update the look, hence this project.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 AM   #45
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Again, thanks for the detailed and informative posts! I really like your work and attention to detail!
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:16 PM   #46

Last post on this topic, I promise!

The last countertop is done. I took this image before I buttoned it all up:

This little spot evaded my initial attention; it took a bit to get the old top to pop out. I then put in new supports around the perimeter & mounted the new top. This one was from a piece of scrap that I'd picked up at the cabinet shop. After getting it home, I realized what I thought was the top surface was actually the bottom. It didn't take a lot to make the bottom into the top...

From the remainder of the scraps, I'm working on a magazine holder for the bathroom in the house.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:28 PM   #47

I like everything you've done, that little niche by the slide is awesome. I won't complain if you post more, honest.

rebellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:08 AM   #48

Thanks much, Rebellee. I'll have plenty of other projects to post as well. I could review older projects that were posted elsewhere on this board as well as RV.net over the years.

The next new project is the swivel passenger seat mod. I've already been discussing it in the Motorhomes/Sunseeker category, but have yet to receive the swivel.

And, as always, I'll participate in other folks posts as well.