Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2021, 09:52 AM   #21

I ordered replacement Lux Foam High Quality w/ the Dacron Wrap for the 2 seat cushions only, 4” x 23” x 44”, no back cushions. Total cost OTD came to $122.23
justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:40 AM   #22

We replaced our dinette foam as well, but up here the cost is astronomical for high density foam.

A local upholstery store tells me that foam prices have gone through the roof. Anybody else have that experience. 200 bucks seems cheap to me right now.

Dodge Ram Hemi - Microlite 21DS
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:45 AM   #23
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe View Post
I ordered replacement Lux Foam High Quality w/ the Dacron Wrap for the 2 seat cushions only, 4” x 23” x 44”, no back cushions. Total cost OTD came to $122.23

My two are shorter. Hoping I can get them out the door for 100 USD or less. I can justify that.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #24

Just replaced 2 dinette cushions last month. Ordered from the foamfactory.com Very pleased with the result. Cost was low. Working on new top bunk mattresses from the foam factory now.
ezawacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #25
Old man RVer

Good deal at Foam Factory

I started this post. I bought three pieces of Cushion, Lux Foam - High Quality from Foam Factory. Two pieces were approximately 4" x 22" x 43" and one piece was 4" x 19" x 36". Total price shipped to my door was $123.21. Arrived within a week of ordering.

We went camping this weekend. While seated at the dinette we thoroughly enjoyed the new foam.
2WheelJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:23 AM   #26

Thumbs up It’s well worth doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelJon View Post
I started this post. I bought three pieces of Cushion, Lux Foam - High Quality from Foam Factory. Two pieces were approximately 4" x 22" x 43" and one piece was 4" x 19" x 36". Total price shipped to my door was $123.21. Arrived within a week of ordering.
Heck of a deal. It was expensive when I had mine done locally four years ago. I had two cushions done and I remember thinking it would put a dent in my daily credit card limit I saw one of the news articles about foam prices going up so I cringe to think what the cost would be now.

Nonetheless, it was well worth it. We’re on our fourth season this year and I now enjoy sitting in the TT to read a book for longer than 10 minutes at a time. The bonus for me for having the local company do it was that they put the covers back on the foam pieces. I didn’t have to wrestle with them and they did an all-around great job.

One thing to consider. I replaced only the seat cushions. I didn’t replace the foam in the seat backs because there’s less pressure on them and I haven’t noticed a problem.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #27

Took ours to a local upholster. Love them now.
vickyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #28

replacing dinette foam

We took our cushions into a place called "Cushion World" in Denver and they replaced the foam on our cushions with what they called "standard foam" much is much better than what came in out Flagstaff trailer. it is firmer and after using the trailer last year a few times we are still happy with the cushions.
etrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:48 AM   #29
Old man RVer

Just the cushions

We also just replaced the foam in the cushions and not the backs. Seemed to be the way to go. Putting the foam back into the covers wasn't difficult. The original foam had plastic covers. Putting them over the new foam let it slide in easily.
2WheelJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:23 AM   #30

I bought enough high density 3" and 4" foam to replace 3 dinette cushions and backs for less than $200 from Amazon. If you need 5", glue 1" to 4". Spray glue works great. Trace pattern from old foam, cut with electric knife (you will probably wear the blades out, so get a new set for the kitchen).

Glue parts with spray adhesive. Been using the new ones two years now.
My bottom no longer hits the frame- nice!

Wrapping with batting will make it easier to slide in the covers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #31

OK, y'all have convinced me - we're going to replace the foam in our cushions. It looks like some folks used 5" thick Lux HQ foam and others used 4". I measured the cushions from our dinette and with the cover on they measure just under 4 1/2". Can we use 5" foam with the Dacron wrap or would that be too much strain for the cover material?

Edit - I went back and pulled foam out of the cushion and the existing foam is 4", the batting/wrap plus the compression from the cover must plump it up a little.
Two shedding mutts
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:16 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
OK, y'all have convinced me - we're going to replace the foam in our cushions. It looks like some folks used 5" thick Lux HQ foam and others used 4". I measured the cushions from our dinette and with the cover on they measure just under 4 1/2". Can we use 5" foam with the Dacron wrap or would that be too much strain for the cover material?

Edit - I went back and pulled foam out of the cushion and the existing foam is 4", the batting/wrap plus the compression from the cover must plump it up a little.
We replaced with the same foam. I would go with the 4 inch foam . You would have a hard time squeezing the 5 inch into your covers. The new foam is hard to compress but feels great on your butt.
Daves rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:02 PM   #33

I ordered a roll of foam and some generic cushion covers from Amazon. The foam is long enough to cut to size to replace both dinette cushions. It's 5" thick, and nice and firm. The covers are sized to cover a love seat cushion (medium), and are available in lots of colors. I just love the look and feel, and my legs and bottom wish I'd done this sooner! Total cost was about $100

https://smile.amazon.com/GoTo-Foam-H...s%2C276&sr=8-4

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Talegi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement