Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2022, 02:55 PM   #1

Second as install

New here, I tried searching but didn’t see the answers I am looking for. I have 2016 wolf pack 325pack13, front bedroom is “ac ready”. Breaker is in the panel and marked for second ac. My local rv shop wouldn’t install a second ac for me because my roof doesn’t have a vent . Told me to email forest river for a build layout so they would know where to cut the hole. No help form them……. Has any one installed one with out the roof vent already there? I’m pretty handy I am a 25 year veteran hvac installer and service tech…..I just don’t want to cut a hole in a 50k$ camper in the wrong spot…. Thanks in advance
Campcookchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:34 PM   #2
llr

A little odd for a "prep" not to have a skylight. Are you sure the 2nd air goes in that location?
Is there a blank outlet cover on the ceiling? Either in the location you think, or somewhere else on the ceiling? This would be where the power from the breaker terminates. If this is in the location you think then remove the cover and see if you can see any framing for the opening.
Prior TT 2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS Classic Ultra lite - SOLD 5/21
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campcookchris View Post
New here, I tried searching but didn’t see the answers I am looking for. I have 2016 wolf pack 325pack13, front bedroom is “ac ready”. Breaker is in the panel and marked for second ac. My local rv shop wouldn’t install a second ac for me because my roof doesn’t have a vent . Told me to email forest river for a build layout so they would know where to cut the hole. No help form them……. Has any one installed one with out the roof vent already there? I’m pretty handy I am a 25 year veteran hvac installer and service tech…..I just don’t want to cut a hole in a 50k$ camper in the wrong spot…. Thanks in advance
Seems a bit off not to have a vent or sky light in the pre-prep,. Will this picture help?
Also do you have the plate on the wall for the second thermostat (you can see part of it on the left of the pic.)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wp 325.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	277920  
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:52 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I agree, it seems awfully odd for a unit to be prepped for a 2nd A/C (including a breaker that's labeled in the power distribution box) to not have a 14" x 14" vent where the A/C would go.

Typically for those that are pre-prepped, all you need to do is remove the vent & trim and the framing and wiring is right there waiting. You mount the A/C unit in the hole where the vent was.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote