Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Albuquerque, NM

Seeking ideas for pass-thru storage

Our prior Rockwood mini-lite had the two factory 'sliding storage trays' in the up front pass-thru storage area - and they were great. However, I couldn't get them in our new unit. Having seen a few storage drawer ideas on-line, I am deep in the "thinkin bout it" process of designing drawers, hangers, etc. to make the pass-thru storage as usable as possible.

So.....I'm asking for ideas and pics. I know that with the collective genius on this site, many of you have come up with some incredible creations - which I'm hoping you will share. Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!!

Thanks for any input...

Charlie
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #2

It all depends what you want to store in the pass-thru. You could use plastic storage totes with lids. The come in different sizes to fit different needs.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Hello Charlie,
We do not have a pass-thru storage bin... just the standard flip door basement. We use the clear plastic storage bins... I put labels on the outside noting what is inside each bin. Helps keep thing organized and easy grab the one you need. We have one the water hoses and accessories, one for electric accessories and string lights, one for sewer hose accessories, and one with the items we use all the time and need for quick set up. The bin stays neat and easy to find what we need in a hurry or in the dark. Not to mention they stack nice an neat too.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #4

We too use the plastic totes with lids. One each for the sewer, electric and water stuff. The lids make it nice in case we have to use them in the rain. We also use two clothes basket style bins. A large one for things like wood for the stabilizers, charcoal and lighter fluid. A smaller one for things like the chocks, chock wrench and stabilizer wrench.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Albuquerque, NM

Thanks to each of you for the input. I had seen the below on-line and was hoping that some of you out there had done something similar and might have a few pointers on constructing drawers and/or other storage compartment ideas.

Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drawer extended.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	5190   Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideDrawer3.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	5191  
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Site Team

There's a plan drawing in the thread where you got that bottom photo. I'll be glad to help you if you'd like. Post a few pictures of the passthru and someone will have a few ideas.