Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #21

I went past the local Camping World today and turned around and went in. I was reading this thread the other day and thought that sounds like a good mod. The price was right $32 so I picked one up. I will install it tomorrow. Reading the instructions (yeah I know who needs instructions) it states in bold capital letters "ATTENTION: SMOOTH END OF HOSE ATTACHES TO SHOWER HEAD". Both ends of the hose look the same to me. Am I missing something here?
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #22

We thought the same thing. Couldn't tell the difference from either end, so installed best we could. Unfortunately we have yet to test, we had a leaking shower enclosure and the silicone is still setting up. ;( will report tomorrow when we test!

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #23

I just bought one of these and installed it. I got the one that has an on/off switch on it. The switch when in the off position turns off about 80% of the water. When in the off position, it still allows a smaller but steady flow of water coming out. I was assuming that it would turn off all of the water. Did I install this wrong, or is the switch that comes with this shower head only designed to stop most of the water?
- See 'ya on the road! Typically on 146.520 for the other traveling hams!
farrelltravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #24
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrelltravis View Post
I just bought one of these and installed it. I got the one that has an on/off switch on it. The switch when in the off position turns off about 80% of the water. When in the off position, it still allows a smaller but steady flow of water coming out. I was assuming that it would turn off all of the water. Did I install this wrong, or is the switch that comes with this shower head only designed to stop most of the water?
Actually this is a positive thing. It allows a trickle of water to continue through so you do not get a scald when you turn it back on. The pressure on the hot side is higher than cold. I have gotten the scald with our original shower head, it was not fun.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #25

Got my installed and damn what a difference the wife loves it
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
Always Learning

Quote:
As Jeep said- this is normal & intentional. If you want to wholly turn off the water, you have to use a different disconnect (something like a quarter turn valve or the push button style).

However, I don't think the scalding concern is real anymore. I think they're somehow plumbed so that the cold takes over when there is no pressure. On mine it's that way, at least. You get a frightfully cold blast of water when you turn it back on. (Funny story- my in-laws were camping with us... I remembered to warn my father-in-law, but not my mother-in-law! )
Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #27
rip

Quote:
...The switch when in the off position turns off about 80% of the water...
I added an on-off switch at the lower end of the connecting hose. This was discussed in another thread on the shower head with pics and links.

See this discussion...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post350488

I like mine (both oxygenics and total-shut-off valve) nice add-ons.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower, upgrade