Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #1

Angry Shower surround install failure

So, I finally decided to install a shower surround on my 2016 Worlf Pup 16FQ. Still wondering how the hell they didn't install it at the factory...
Any case I get my surround and I was looking how to fix it. You need to cut out the space for the tap and the shower, and then you just glue it to the walls. How?

Well, I am frequently using "Liquid Nails" brand, their products have been reasonably good so far. When I saw that they have a specific variety called "Tub Surround" I was sure it was the right product...

Total disaster, the glue actually DID NOT WORK and all the walls are now hanging out from the tape I used to keep them in place and kept on by the screws that fix the tap and the shower head. Horrible work, now I will have to take the surround off, scrape the glue from both the plastic and the walls, put it back with a better glue knowing that for sure the screw holes will not be in the exact same place and I will risk to actually weaken the wall panel.

I really hate this. If any of you have had any experience with this "Liquid Nails - Tub Surround" I'd like to hear...
iconnekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:15 AM   #2

I have installed many surrounds in stick houses never in a trailer, but the steps are the same when using surround glue. I always used some sort of cross bracing never tape you need to apply pressure to the walls to ensure proper adhesion. I don't believe its the glue that is the problem, but rather the manner of securing the surround while the glue sets.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower