Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #1

Slim Shade RV Door Window

Has anyone installed one of these and do you like it. I can see the benefits of a shade keeping the sun out and the clear glass to see who's at the door and to enjoy the view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slim Shade RV Door Window.jpg
Views:	1813
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	177942  
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:50 PM   #2

We haven't gotten one yet, but want one. I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it, if you get one.

Here's an installation video we watched that convinced us it would be nice to have. It's really easy to install.
wannabeowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #3

I have one and think it’s one of my best mods. Being able to see out the door is great plus closing the shade 3/4 really cuts down on heat.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
I have one and think it’s one of my best mods. Being able to see out the door is great plus closing the shade 3/4 really cuts down on heat.

Was it really that easy to install? Thinking I might get two for my flagstaff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #5

Slim Shade RV Door Window - ORDERED

Well as soon as I watched the video that "wannabeowner" posted I was sold.... As he showed in his video ALOT of light does come in those windows and we all know the more light ... the more heat.....

We immediately went to CW online and placed the order.

Before this camping season we also got an Oxygenics Shower Head and it has also been a GREAT upgrade.

I LOVE the FRF GANG... their advice for modifications is spot on ... GREAT GROUP... SO HAPPY we bought our 3rd Flaggstaff TT and got hooked up with all these great camping minds.

Debbie
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #6

Hey, Debbie - I'm glad the video was helpful. My husband and I were talking about it earlier this week when we were camping. It was a bit too windy for our awning and the sun and heat were blazing through that window. I had to put Relfectix up. I'd much rather have that shade - and the view when the shade is up.

I look forward to hearing how the install goes!
Old 07-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #7

I bought one and installed it on our door. We love it. Took the wife and I about 30 minutes to take original window out and put the slim shade in.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcamper47 View Post
I bought one and installed it on our door. We love it. Took the wife and I about 30 minutes to take original window out and put the slim shade in.

Bob

Ditto.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:26 AM   #9

Installed one about a year ago. Very easy 30 minute install, and well worth the change. Very good mod, and it works!!!
Right now I think Tweetys has the best price, $88 bucks, free shipping, no tax.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #10

ut one in our 5th wheel.....it is great!!!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #11

Love ours. Not difficult to install. Lots easier with two people. When removing the screws on the inside cover the outside person should keep light pressure on the outside frame... some are attached with adhesive and some are not and might fall out and break the glass. You can work it together to push and hold that outside piece to get it out. Follow the directions for mounting the new window and shade.
We love it as it gives privacy when you want it, biggest plus is it blocks out the sunrise early in the morning for those that sleep in. You do have to open your door and reach around the screen door to open and close the shade. It can be open/closed with one hand but is easier with hand on each end. I believe these are down around $76 now. They were originally about $100. Nice looking and functional upgrade.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #12

Ordered one last Monday and got it Wednesday, install took about 30 minutes. The DW liked it and said we needed one for the other door. Placed the order Wed night and found out they are on back order at CW.
Campernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #13

Took longer to get the old one out and clean up the opening then to put in the new one. Great mod. Blocks light at night and you can see someone at the door!
Old 07-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #14

We installed 2, one on each door. Not sure how we went without it. Clear view out window, hated the obscure glass and sun in the mornings.
Racefan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #15

We installed this: Window treatments, shades, and shutters for RVs, motor homes, trailers, and Airstream trailers on the door the first trip out this spring. We hated that we couldnt see out the door with the frosted glass. Created a huge blind spot for us. Similar product, just a different design.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #16

Smile Oxygenic shower head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstrubel View Post
Well as soon as I watched the video that "wannabeowner" posted I was sold.... As he showed in his video ALOT of light does come in those windows and we all know the more light ... the more heat.....

We immediately went to CW online and placed the order.

Before this camping season we also got an Oxygenics Shower Head and it has also been a GREAT upgrade.

I LOVE the FRF GANG... their advice for modifications is spot on ... GREAT GROUP... SO HAPPY we bought our 3rd Flaggstaff TT and got hooked up with all these great camping minds.

Debbie
Hi! About that Oxygenics Shower Head, is it made of stainless or chrome? I was thinking of getting one, but as I live where the winter is pretty harsh, I'm afraid it will rust while in storage...Did you have any problem? Tks!
grangalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by grangalo View Post
Hi! About that Oxygenics Shower Head, is it made of stainless or chrome? I was thinking of getting one, but as I live where the winter is pretty harsh, I'm afraid it will rust while in storage...Did you have any problem? Tks!
Plastic! Chrome/White/Gunmetal! Youroo!!
Old 07-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #18

Love, love love this new window with shade!
Don Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstrubel View Post
Has anyone installed one of these and do you like it. I can see the benefits of a shade keeping the sun out and the clear glass to see who's at the door and to enjoy the view.
I have installed that exact window, tinted with shade and love it. Replaced the blurred glass that you cant see through. I bought mine on Ebay, for 60% less than the price you show. It was a "make offer" post. I low balled and they accepted. It showed they had many to sell. Delivered to my door for $40. No regrets. Easy to install with 3 hands.
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #20

Looks Great !!!
I just cut a pic of Reflectix and stuck it to the glass with pieces of Velcro !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, window