Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2020, 05:01 AM   #1

Stabilizing a new WW Toyhauler

First off let me say we love our 26 foot 2020 FR Wildwood 260RT. We moved up from a 20 foot 2019 Primetime Avenger.

The one thing I’ve noticed though is it’s shaking when my husband turns over in bed or walks through. We have the 4 stabilizers down, chocks between wheels and in front of wheels. If we got more stabilizers, where should we put them? Thanks for your help in advance.
Ramblingromines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblingromines View Post
First off let me say we love our 26 foot 2020 FR Wildwood 260RT. We moved up from a 20 foot 2019 Primetime Avenger.

The one thing I’ve noticed though is it’s shaking when my husband turns over in bed or walks through. We have the 4 stabilizers down, chocks between wheels and in front of wheels. If we got more stabilizers, where should we put them? Thanks for your help in advance.
Add something like Jt's Strong Arm Stabilizers to your current stabilizers.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC191025.html

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #3

We are currently set up in Key West and for some reason we have had more then usual trailer movement. I ordered JT Strong stabilizers off of Amazon. I installed the two front cross supports and the passenger side front to back support yesterday, Will install drivers side front to back today. Even only partially installed we have noticed a huge decrease in trailer movement. Had to quit yesterday due to the heat and the damn noseeums.
badger5301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:49 AM   #4

Jt's Strong Arm Stabilizers are the way to go. Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
Always Learning

JT StrongArms are a great product. Anything you do for triangulation stabilizers in the corner make a big difference.

There’s an alternative called SteadyFast that I like better. Less bars and the handles are easier on the hands.

Here’s a longer review on them:
https://learntorv.com/product-review...t-stabilizers/
Old 02-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #6

We added a third pair of screw jacks just in front of the wheels, made a huge difference in stability. We first tried a device with 3 pieces of aluminum tube and a ratchet strap, can't remember what it was called, it worked okay but just a pain to crawl under the camper to set it up.
Campernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #7

Now have the four installed on the front. Due to our unit having the 3.0 leveling I'm not going to mess with the rear bars yet. Even without the rears installed we have a huge improvement. I'm getting old so wish I would have seen the steadfast type before ordering but am happy with the JT's. Think I'll throw the kingpin tripod in the back of the truck now.
badger5301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
JT StrongArms are a great product. Anything you do for triangulation stabilizers in the corner make a big difference.

There’s an alternative called SteadyFast that I like better. Less bars and the handles are easier on the hands.

Here’s a longer review on them:
https://learntorv.com/product-review...t-stabilizers/

I had the JT's on my toy hauler, really worked great. Looking at the Steady Fast for the Wildcat but spare tire and battery box are in the way so still kanoodling my options. There are too many pivots in the JT system compared to the other. If each pivot has small movement, which is additive and amplified by the distance it negates some of the benefit. They REALLY help in the wind.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #9

If you have questions on the SteadyFast you can email the owner/inventer. I just had a several email exchange last week with him where we discussed my specific situation and his recommendations on how i should handle it. He was more than helpful and never once mentioned or pressured me to buy his product. Mine was delivered yesterday.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toyhauler