Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #1

Stereo Upgrade

I have a 2009 FR Surveyor. Id like to get a more modern stereo installed. It be nice to have blue tooth capability for my wifes tunes. I dont have any pictures handy, so I am hoping someone has maybe done something similar. Id also like to replace the 2 speakers outside. They short out. Might be a simple wiring issue, but Id like to to replace regardless. Anyways let know if you have installed a better system in the similar camper!
sdxtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:01 AM   #2

stereo upgrade

If you don't want to modify the existing cabinet look at the the various sound bar setups. They are Bluetooth enabled and many of them sound great.
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:29 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I think I found the system I want. I came out to my camper later last night and tore the old one out to look at my dimensions, as well as the speakers. I basically wanted something newer that my wife can bluetooth her tunes with!

My next project is finding 2 new outdoor speakers. Most that I find are 5 to 6 inches in diameter, I need closer to 8 to cover the existing holes. Oh well, the journey begins!
sdxtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:04 PM   #4

If your older head unit has an AUX line in, you can splice in a Bluetooth receiver like this one instead: https://www.fusionentertainment.com/...ories/ms-bt100

I used it on my boat and it was great. I was going to add one to my truck camper, but sold it before I could.
geekgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdxtech View Post
Thanks for the reply. I think I found the system I want. I came out to my camper later last night and tore the old one out to look at my dimensions, as well as the speakers. I basically wanted something newer that my wife can bluetooth her tunes with!

My next project is finding 2 new outdoor speakers. Most that I find are 5 to 6 inches in diameter, I need closer to 8 to cover the existing holes. Oh well, the journey begins!
May I ask what you replaced it with? We're tossing our Jensen and looking for a replacement! TIA.
Member Travel Resorts of America
Retired and adventurous!
Bbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:55 PM   #6

Hey sdxtech, this may be more overboard than what you're thinking - but actually isn't that hard - https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...od-214172.html

That little amp that I put in there has Bluetooth - I connect to it from my phone or laptop that way.

IDK what head unit was in your trailer to start, but ours has a square form-factor Furrion unit that realistically can't be replaced with anything...if yours had a normal DIN-style unit, probably a lot easier.

Tags
stereo, upgrade