Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2020, 11:58 AM   #1

Strength for storage compartments

I have a Forest River 2019 Sunseeker 3010 DSF. That my multisite RV dealer titled as a 2020.( If you are interested in the name let me know).
The undercarriage storage compartments look like they are made out of a spun plastic (correct me please). Not sure about previous models.
They look like they are hung by screws along the top of the liners and I was warned at the dealership to maybe line them to prevent damage from perforation or tearing of the material.
QUESTION - has anyone done any external modification for support and what has your experience been with this product. I am considering a cabling system or flat aluminum support system secured to the frame embedded in 5200 to prevent chafing and eroding thru the material.
I am not going to carry a lot of heavy items but would like a ladder, air compressor, air assist B. Jack, tool box and spare tires etc... Mostly 30 -50 lb items.
Thanks
8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #2

Can't comment on the storage compartments, but VIN should drive the title. Don't know if this happens in the Sunseekers, but in Flagstaff and Rockwood A-frames about April or May they start producing "early" versions of the next model year. Identical as the previous model year, but with a new year's VIN. The model changes occur starting in June or July production.

That's what happened with our "early" 2019 Flagstaff A-frame. We took delivery of a unit in August 2018 that was on the lot in June 2018, and had all the 2018 model year features and characteristics. But when we went to title it, the unit became a 2019 because of the VIN assigned at the factory. While at the dealer, we were offered a chance at a "true" 2019 that had the 2019 color schemes that would be delivered in a month. We liked the 2018 colors better, so stuck with the "early" 2019.

Doubt very much the dealer was pulling a "fast one".

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage