Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2020, 10:48 PM   #1

Swapping B/room fireplace for dresser drawers

2020 39RKFB, looking to see if anyone has any experience with removing the fireplace in the bedroom and replacing with drawer storage. On that note, any thoughts on why I shouldn’t remove the fireplace? TIA
TF Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #2

What kind of fireplace is it? Is it the electric one that comes with the unit new?
Bond_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Short View Post
2020 39RKFB, looking to see if anyone has any experience with removing the fireplace in the bedroom and replacing with drawer storage. On that note, any thoughts on why I shouldn’t remove the fireplace? TIA
No problem at all . not very deep but still extra room . it's your unit and you can modify as you like for your needs . nothing stopping you and no problems . just take care of the electric . maybe use it for more outlets or ???
MR.M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:01 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Your unit.....do as you please. However, a lot of electric fireplaces do not need a lot of depth to install, so I’d look behind to see if the drawers you want will actually accomplish anything.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #5
NXR

Quote:
We had our propane furnace fan decide to disassemble itself about 4:45 AM on one 35-degree morning. If it were not for the fireplace, which is actually a 1,500 watt electric heater, we would have had to cancel the remaining three nights of the trip. We now carry a 1500/750 watt space heater as a supplemental heat source.

If you can keep from burning propane by using electric heat that will save you some money. But you may not camp any place where that is a concern.

Ray
Old 09-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond_008 View Post
What kind of fireplace is it? Is it the electric one that comes with the unit new?
It’s the one that came with the unit (new), electric.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
No problem at all . not very deep but still extra room . it's your unit and you can modify as you like for your needs . nothing stopping you and no problems . just take care of the electric . maybe use it for more outlets or ???
Thanks for the reply. I do like the idea of more outlets.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
We had our propane furnace fan decide to disassemble itself about 4:45 AM on one 35-degree morning. If it were not for the fireplace, which is actually a 1,500 watt electric heater, we would have had to cancel the remaining three nights of the trip. We now carry a 1500/750 watt space heater as a supplemental heat source.

If you can keep from burning propane by using electric heat that will save you some money. But you may not camp any place where that is a concern.

Ray
Thanks for the reply Ray. I do like the idea of the back up heat source and saving propane for the gen when boondocking.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Your unit.....do as you please. However, a lot of electric fireplaces do not need a lot of depth to install, so I’d look behind to see if the drawers you want will actually accomplish anything.
Good tip. Thanks

Tags
fireplace, roo