Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
For those still considering a tankless, skip the Girard & Atwood and get a Truma (Now standard on the Berkshire) Completely bulletproof, flawless operation. We love ours.
Bob now let's knock them all we are having very good results with our Girard, I know the Truma is good but so far so good for us
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #22

As others have said whether the tankless heater will work for you depends on how you rv and available water supply. I am not sure that comparing flow rates, propane usage, etc by the numbers between tankless and the gas/electric really shows the true nature of them-they're different animals. One thing I do know is that they are not the same as the one in the home, at least ours isn't-which was a disappointment. Bottom line on these I believe is that if you decide to go tankless and it'll fit into your space (which I am pretty sure it will) then spend the time researching units. From the forum it seems the Girard II and particularly III's seem to have a good following, and the Truma has some pretty enthusiastic (as you've seen above) advocates. Like a lot of other folks on here, we'll be replacing our Atwood at our first opportunity after trying to adjust and live with it for a year now. Good luck on your project...
Old 06-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Bob now let's knock them all we are having very good results with our Girard, I know the Truma is good but so far so good for us
We have a 1st Gen Girard and LOVE IT!

Its only problem is it uses a good bit of water due to having to
wait for the hot water to arrive but if you are not boondocking and in a campground it is wonderful! We NEVER run out of hot water!

I cannot say it is as good as the Gen 2 or 3, or the Atwood or Truma, but we do indeed LOVE ours.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #24

We have the precision temp rv-500. I believe they have made it better and its now called the rv-550.
You dont have to have alot of water flow either. I believe its .5 gpm to start and it heats up fast.

It always regulates the water temp to whatever you set it at. It never gets hotter than 130. Works great!
I have moved it in 3 different campers now.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #25

Water Heater

After one year with an Atwood OD-50 I would not recommend it to anyone. The water is very hot but if you try to feed in the slightest amount of cold it shuts off and you freeze. I have been looking at the Truma Aquago very hard and will probably change it out.
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, hot water, tank, tankless, water, water heater