Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #1

Tankless Water Heater

We have a Sandpiper 371rebh that is “permanently” set up as a fish camp. The 10 gallon WH isn’t cutting it for our family of 4. Which tankless models have been success for everyone else?
rle201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #2

The latest Truma or Girard.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #3

Thank you. I just read up on the Truma. Seems like a great choice if it didn’t need pro installation. I was, prior to asking here, between the Girard and a tankless Suburban model. It sounds like with all of them to be sure to set the hot water temp at our ideal shower temperature versus regulating with a mix of hot and cold like we do at home, correct?
rle201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rle201 View Post
Thank you. I just read up on the Truma. Seems like a great choice if it didn’t need pro installation. I was, prior to asking here, between the Girard and a tankless Suburban model. It sounds like with all of them to be sure to set the hot water temp at our ideal shower temperature versus regulating with a mix of hot and cold like we do at home, correct?
I have the original Girard, so we still mix a little cold water in when the input water temp is fairly warm. So I'm not sure how the newer models work.
From what I've read, the new units work much better and you can easily select the desired temp.
Everyone seems to really like the Trumas, but sounds like the latest Girard is cheaper and a much easier install.
Let us know what you decide and how it goes!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #5

Hi.
We have the Suburban running in our TT. Now, since we mostly use full hookup sites, we set the temperature around 109F on the heater and then, when we go for a shower, we adjust the hot and cold appropriately when ready to hop in the shower. Works very well and as long as we have water and propane, we have hot water.
montelovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:43 PM   #6

Hi All - I recently joined and wanted to introduce myself. I am the owner of Cedar Mountain RV Improvements. We are a Truma Mobile Service. We come to you ... home, campground, storage, or dealership. We cover all Virginia and Maryland. We are an authorized dealer and service center for Truma AquaGo. We sell, install, upgrade, and service the AquaGo. We sell AquaGo accessories such the electric anti-freeze kit and decalcification tablets. We also install water bypass valves, if needed. And we can upgrade the AquaGo Basic to a Comfort. We can also swap out older "tank-type" or "tankless" water heaters such as the Girard, Suburban or others. We have a website and you can reach it by using the domain of my email*wayne@cmrvi.com. Or you can contact me directly by phone at 703-991-6613.

Keep an eye out for Truma's Spring Promotion.
CedarMountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, tank, tankless, water, water heater