Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Davidnanna Send a message via MSN to Davidnanna
Truma AquaGo Comfort on-demand water heater

After months of issues (comfort and operation) with our factory installed Atwood on-demand OD50 water heater, on our 2026 Berkshire XLT 43b, we decided we MUST get it replaced. We did! We had the Truma AquaGo Comfort installed and OMG, it's GREAT! How amazing to turn on your faucet and have hot water within seconds. Yes, I said seconds. The Truma AquaGo Comfort produces hot water faster than I get at home. My grown kids will again now travel with us on our RV...the grandchildren always would, but we had to shower them in bathhouses, because our Atwood on-demand was NEVER consistent. The wife and I are ecstatic. While the Truma AquaGo Comfort is not cheap (in excess of $1,400 installed), it IS worth every penny!!!

David F.
Captain, USAF Retired
2016 Berkshire XLT 43b
Davidnanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #2

We have the Truma. Great setup. Couple of quick tips for you.
1) the Aquago model has a cleaning mode. On the dial inside your RV it’s labeled as “Clean”. Do NOT turn the dial by accident to this mode. It will auto run and your system will appear inoperable for something like 6-8hrs or until it completes the cycle. The panel and system will appear inoperable until the clean cycle is finished. We put a skull and crossbones sticker over that setting on the dial.

2) It is sensitive to being winterized correctly. Make sure all water is removed from the lines and there is an additional drain on the unit itself that needs emptied. The service manager for the RV manufacturer recommended winterizing the RV with just air pressure clearing out the lines rather than using antifreeze.

Maintenance is key with these on demand systems. Seems like those that service theirs every 6 months rather than annually have the least amount of problems.

Tags
heater, water, water heater