Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #1

TV Wall Mount Question

The dealer mounted my 29" flat screen tv on the wall of my bedroom. They used a flush tilt wall mount. Here's my problem... I'd like to angle the tv down when I'm laying in bed watching TV, but the polarized plug that goes into the wall stops/prevents the mount from angling because it is poking straight out from the TV and hitting the wall. I can't find anyone that sells a right angle polarized C7 power cord... Ugh!!! And I don't want a wall mount that the bracket extends way out from the wall or the foot of my bed won't be able to raise to allow access to storage underneath. So I'm thinking about removing the mount from the wall, cutting a piece of blocking say 4x4x 3/4" (painted black), and placing it behind the mount onto wall and reattaching the TV mount with same size screws but 3/4" longer and add one more screw on each side of TV mount... This should get me the clearance I need for the power cord... So my question is will the TV mount be as stable as before? Or does anyone have any other ideas? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431395768.902917.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	76739
Old 05-11-2015, 11:02 PM   #2

Before I read your post all the way through I was thinking exactly the same thing. A 3/4 to 1 inch thick piece of wood between the mount and the wall will not cause the tv to be any less stable. That is what I would do, but maybe someone else has a better idea.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Why not put the wood on back of tv....leave the bracket alone?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #4

Most wall mounts kits come with spacer bushings which you place between the back of the TV and the bracket. Most people don't use them maybe your local electronics store or RV dealer may have some extras hanging around. I've even cut them down to customize them to keep the profile of the TV as close to the wall as possible but still provide the necessary clearance. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
TParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #5

My connection for the master bed TV is mounted in the closet wall, but no allowance for a TV mount. I'm planning on using a backer board maybe the height of the closet and the width of the closet and mounting a swivel bracket. The closet wall material looks pretty feeble stock.
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #6

Thanks all! I contacted my dealer who mounted the TV and inquired about the extra spacers and longer bolts that came with the mount. Of course, the tossed them out. But he did offer to reimburse me for getting a new mount so I could have the spacers. Bought the mount last night and installed spacers this morning. It gave me just enough clearance for what I needed 😄
Old 05-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #7

Looking to mount a 32" tv in area designed for it on my Vibe 268RKS. Not confident on location of studs or depth needed for screws for mount. Any advice welcomed. thanks
tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #8

In my bedroom, the blocking was very narrow so my mount only has 2 screws vertically. The dealer tried a 5 screw mount first and missed the blocking. They ended up replacing the wall panel since they messed it up. My TV IS 28" in the bedroom. My living room is a 32" and is a 4 screw mount.

Tags
mount