Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #1

Underbed foam pad

We are looking to add a 3" or so foam pad under the 73" x58" mattress that came with the trailer. Does anyone have a source for something like this. Cutting it down will probably be require as the size is not standard but that shouldn't be a problem.
firsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #2

We bought a 4" mattress topper at WALLY world for about $134.and it turned the uncomfortable RV queen into one of the most comfortable mattresses I ever slept on. I thought the price was high until I slept on it then it became money well spent.
Themeads46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
Site Team

We also have a 4" memory foam topper and it is comfortable. You can unzip the cover and remove it and then use an electric knife to trim the foam to size. You can then either tuck the excess cover under the mattress or adjust the size of the cover to match. A little sewing skill is required to modify the cover, but it's not hard to do.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #4

Most of us use the memory foam on top of the mattress ... dunno if it will do much good below the mattress. It can be bought at local bed stores, online, or at Walley World. An electric knife like for cutting Thanksgiving turkey works well.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #5
BBQ'er

Might also check for a custom mattress mfg'er in your area. We have two in our small town of DSM. They make mattresses for Boats, RVs and Semi-trucks.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #6

Thanks for all the information! Long story but we need to raise the mattress so it will move forward into the concaved front of the trailer and away from the slide out. Right now it contacts the slide when closing or opening and binds the slide if not physically moved out of the way. I think that is why the factory made a custom sized (shorter) mattress.
firsthere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed