Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #1

Wall attachments in a Roo 23SS

We recently purchased the 2013 Roo 23SS and noticed that it came with a paper towel holder (not installed) that came with screws and wasn't sure where/how to safely install the holder. Then I noticed that the toilet paper holder for the bathroom also came uninstalled (also with screws). Now I have to figure this out too. I'm afraid to use the screws that came with them, for fear of damaging something in the walls. I was looking at finding a way to use command strips if I couldn't figure anything else out. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
rbq

We installed the toilet paper holder on the inside of the vanity door in the bathroom. We used the screws that came with it & made sure that we were in the thick part of the door. Worked just fine. That was the best place for it as it kept the TP dry around the bathroom environment in this rather small space. Someone with a 23SS will advise on the paper towel holder.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #3

I came across the same issue. I even asked my dealer how I was suppose to know where it was "safe" to mount these items. He simply shrugged his shoulders and said get a stud finder and be careful. So I decided the safest place to mount the paper towel holder was on the under side of the wall cabinets in the kitchen with shorter screws I had on hand. That way I didn't have to worry with hitting wires running through the wall studs. As for the toilet paper holder. I could not find a stud in a convenient local to mount it so I just got a free standing one and it sits back in the corner out of the way.
Me and my wife with 3 kids love camping!!
dmf564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #4

We have a Roo 21SS and I mounted the toilet paper holder to the side of the vanity since it seemed like the best location for us. I'm not worried about water from the shower since we plan on using the CG showers. For the paper towel holder I mounted it under the cabinet above the sink.
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #5

It's not a Roo, but you can see where I installed mine here: Forest River Forums - dkb74's Album: 2014 Rockwood 2306

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Site Team

on our 23SS, the toilet paper holder is mounted on the inside of the sink vanity's lower door.
the paper towel holder is mounted under the microwave cabinet, just behind the kitchen faucet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #7

I successfully mounted the paper towel holder under the microwave cabinet, but when I went to put paper towel into it it broke. I went out and bought a new one and it's good now. I found some really short screws and tried mounting the toilet paper holder to the inside of the door, but my screws were still a touch too long. I used a furniture scratch repair kit to fix the holes on the outside and put it on the inside with double side sticky tape. It's looking pretty good right now. Thanks so much for the help!
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote